Daboss shrimp food

Daboss808

Been trial and error testing on my diy food.

Came up with 2 different type basing it upon what shrimp eat.

Strictly breed

And gourmet shrimp feed

Strictly breed is a heavy protein meal that's aids in molting and big egg batches. Been trying this on my low end caridina tank and my high grade neos. Strictly breed also helps with aiding in bringing out vibrant colors. Shrimps goes nuts for this. After eating this atleast 2-3 of my caridina shrimp molted and 2 mama shrimp had huge berried batches. I have been feeding this for about 2 months and now same mama shrimp berried up again with another huge batch. 1 mama gave off 30-40 shrimplets and all shrimp are surviving pretty well.

Warning: I am only feeding very small amounts and feeding in small teracolla trays and nag Pyrex dishes. This food is very sensitive and will break down very fast. So I only feed what my shrimp can eat in 30mins - 1 hour.

Gourmet shrimp feed is a high veggie protein diet that consist of shrimp natural habitat source of food spirulina, spinach, zucchini, kale, etc. this is high in vitamins and minerals and helps boost the shrimps immune system and helps fight off diseases and other health problems in our shrimp

Warning: Very sensitive and breaks down fast allowing all shrimp to get a good bite off this great food. Only feed enough for shrimp to consume within 30 mins - 1 hour.

I will be giving out samples for our shrimp fam to try real soon!

Strictly Breed

Omega3, fish meal, wheat flour, shrimp meal, brine shrimp, spirulina, red alga, fish oil, wheat germ, dried yeast, vitamin A, B1, D3, E, C, B6, dried earthworms, krill, and soy.

Shrimp gourmet feed

Spirulina algae, vitamins, died seaweed, dried alfalfa, kale, zucchini, spinach, kelp, soy flour, wheat germ, soybean, garlic and dried yeast. So far they been going nuts

Sounds like you have a good quality food from trial. What are the ingredients?

Took me almost 1 year to figure a +++ food quality and flavor. Most food out there take a long time to penetrate the water with flavors. These foods does it in less than a minute. Swarming the foods like it's their first meal in months

I thinking about marketing it but I wanna see what other experiences with my food everyone is different

Next on my list organic natural bio- feed for shrimp. This is coming in dry form and instructions to follow. Gonna try it out on my pond shrimp and low end ghost shrimp and see how reacts to the habitat

I'm interested. How much and what form do you have your foods in?

I'm making a batch this weekend. I throw you a sample of each. Tell me how you like it.... Pm me your address bro! The food is like flat crumble easy to break off small tiny bits for your shrimps not hard like the other foods out there. Oh and keep refridgerated.

In the conUS we have to have exporting papers/license to legally send live animals to Hawaii or we risk fines, or even court ordered banning of owning aquatic animals.  Do we have to have importing papers/license for legally obtaining organic foods for shrimp in the conUS?

Hey bro looking good and awesome that more people on here talking shrimp and shrimp food :)

Strictly Breed

Omega3, fish meal, wheat flour, shrimp meal, brine shrimp, spirulina, red alga, fish oil, wheat germ, dried yeast, vitamin A, B1, D3, E, C, B6, dried earthworms, krill, and soy.

Shrimp gourmet feed

Spirulina algae, vitamins, died seaweed, dried alfalfa, kale, zucchini, spinach, kelp, soy flour, wheat germ, soybean, garlic and dried yeast. So far they been going nuts

I don't want to sound critical but why would you use wheat flour, wheat germ and yeast?

Yeast as a protein for sure. Wheat germ for filler and wheat flour for hardener. More dense I get it the faster it will sink. I don't want too much other additives and trying to keep it simple. Too much makes shrimp waste the food. Not enough flavor.

Yeast is also a form of micro protein you know that right? Used to feed brine shrimp, daphnia, moina other micro feeding live foods. Wheat germ and the flour are used to sink the food. I have tried it with out it and it floats. Thoughts of using gelatins is not ideal for me. Plus it takes my shrimp 10x longer to finish gelatin foods rather than the food I am making.

Gelatin has it's pro and cons and so do mines. But I must inform you yeast is a active bacteria a micro protien for micro feeding live foods.

In future reference I would appreciate you messaging me in private with your concerns. It seems your trying to question my intelligence and my diy experiments for your gain. So please refrain from trying to down talk me and bad mouth my way of trying.

You made a public post about your shrimp food so i replied with questions in public. I am not trying to question you or gain anything, i am not competing against you, i am simply trying to understand the thought process behind adding certain ingredients.

I appreciate yeast has protein benefits but Spirulina is a much better option ;) As regards to using forms of wheat as "weight", it's nonsense!! Commercial foods use wheat products to bulk up the product and add weight as a form of saving money. As a private hobbyist you should not be following this example, weight has nothing to do with it!! I can only assume your trying to sell this food?

I have developed my own food that i feed my shrimp, its contains no wheat products and uses Spirulina and and Kelp as the base ingredients and the food has no problems sinking.

This was not an attack but if you post on a public forum about a food with inferior ingredients you deserve to be questioned on it publicly.

Hans I totally agree. I just felt that British had stepped over a line. I am new to this forums and recommended by several people. I am just trying to put Hawaii on the shrimp map. It's seems everywhere I go there is someone ready to bash me.

I was just trying to state I see nothing wrong with wheat products. I use very little just to have it sink. That's all

And British I tried to come to a solution by telling you I don't appreciate the public down talk and pm me with concerns. I am willing to listen to your suggestions. That's all.