Padded Tank Mat

I'm looking for alternatives to the ADA garden mat. I'm setting up dual 25G Cubes and I need a thick mat so the weight can be distributed evenly but would want to safe some time/money. Aquaforest in SF carries the 90x45cm mat but that's going to run around $40.

Anyone know where I can find a cheaper alternative?

nybeta5u.jpg

be8equ6a.jpg

Looking to have these tanks filled by Sunday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I live in California.

Yoga mat may work for you.

I was thinking this. But last time I visited a lulu lemon store, the mats were super expensive. The Mr. Aqua came with its own mat but I still need another for the other tank.

I think marine depot would take until next week before I get the mat. I'll check prices though. If it's cheap I'll get it.

Anyone know if Home Depot carries some sort of mat or padding suitable for this type of thing?

That is what it did too was I got a Mr. Aqua Mat with my 12 gallon Mr. Aqua tank

Yea check a craft store, lots of small foam. They sell small panels at Lowe's to that are thin enough for what you need. I don't use any on my tanks. Never had a problem they sit right on plywood.

Yea check a craft store, lots of small foam. They sell small panels at Lowe's to that are thin enough for what you need. I don't use any on my tanks. Never had a problem they sit right on plywood.

I normally use a thin mat but because I'm setting up 2x 25cubes on those Edsel Racks I'm worried the bowing will cause problems for the tank. I using 1/2" plywood but might visit HD to get a 1" plywood so I can have piece of mind. It's the weekend so I'll have time to shop around before I fill those tanks.

Gf was in sf yesterday so got her to pick me up 3x 9L ADA Amazonia bags. Save me the trip and time.

By the way, anyone know what the average weight of a filled 25g cube is?

I normally use a thin mat but because I'm setting up 2x 25cubes on those Edsel Racks I'm worried the bowing will cause problems for the tank. I using 1/2" plywood but might visit HD to get a 1" plywood so I can have piece of mind. It's the weekend so I'll have time to shop around before I fill those tanks.

Gf was in sf yesterday so got her to pick me up 3x 9L ADA Amazonia bags. Save me the trip and time.

By the way, anyone know what the average weight of a filled 25g cube is?

Here is a calculator that will help determine the weight.

http://diyfishkeepers.com/aquariumweights.htm