11.4g Mr Aqua & Iron Stand Help

GreenBliss

I'm looking at iron stands for my 11.4g tanks that I am getting soon. The stands I am considering are 20x10 or 24x12. I am putting plywood down on top and using mats under the tanks.

The 11g tanks measure 18.9x11.8. Which iron stand is the best?

I thought the 24x12, but if I put in the middle I would have almost three inches left on each side. The 20x10 would be better for length, but have over inch missing in width. I thought maybe getting plywood cut to 20x12.

Don't know. Any ideas?

Heyya GreenBliss. :)

Personally  I would go for the larger one.  The extra length on the side(s) will come in handy when putting plants/shrimp/etc in a holding container, and doing any maintanence/testing. 

I use OSB 3/4" for strength on my shelving units.  How thick is your ply?

It does make sense to buy the 24x12 for the many things I will be doing in the tanks. Extra space is always needed.

I was getting 3/4 thick plywood and I remember you mentioning OSB. I don't know anything about this stuff. Would OSB be better?

I would suggest the larger size as well.  I never have enough space around my tanks to put food, supplements, nets, or whatever else I happen to have in my hands.