Hello from central New York

kribensislover

Ah yes, it took several trips to the hospital VA police office for us to obtain our ID's. As far as shrimp I love them all!! Currently I have only found cherrys & ghost shrimp for sale locally. I am interested in anything colorful & affordable. Local pick up is preferable for me. Do you have a shop? I love to find new lfs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theres alot of decent stores around here.

Fish Finatics-Best around.

Jamesville pond and supply also good.

ABC reefs 2 in liverpool is good.

I'm looking to join local groups but have yet to find any. I currently don't know any other fish hobbyist.

Central New York Aquarium Society.

Meetings once a month, mini auction.

Yearly large Auction every April lasts about 12 hrs so yea its huge.

http://www.cnyas.org

I dont have a shop but, I have a large fish room. My journal is on here. Have many different kinds of shrimp also, discus, angels, plecos, bettas, guppies, mantis shrimp, peacock gudgedons just to name a few lol.

If your looking to buy shrimp from a local store best to give them a call ahead, Jamesville doesn't have them all the time but he has the best prices (besides Taylor) this is due to the shear volume of shrimp he imports. Fish Finatics is a nice store unfortunately last time I was in there he wanted 9$ for low grade CRS. ABC reefs 2 is nice and they have a fair plant selection. And they have a few varieties of shrimp but what they have is hit and miss. Taylor left off one additional store fairmount aquariom and for good reason. The store isn't realy that good and the owner had been working on the same expansion for 20 years. I think his dreams are bigger than his abilities. But can't fault him for trying.

Thanks for the advice. Yes I agree that $9 for low grade CRS is pricey. I have seen them for sale on this and other forums for 2-5 each. Although then there is most often shipping costs & risks associated with shipping.

Yea I steer people away from fairmount, used to go alot but he cussed out someone on the phone one day when I was there. In front on my wife and son. Not cool, then he acted like I was a pain asking for somthing from a tank. Last time I went, 3/4 of his 200 tanks are empty or so green you cant see the fish.

There really isnt a market fir shrimps here in the stores, if you see any at ABC, or Fish Finatics its the ones I sell them lol. Ill give you a local pick up deal!

I appreciate that. I'll stick with getting my shrimps from you & others on this site. Maybe in the next few weeks we can set something up. I'll drive out your way. The nursing program at UC has me fairly busy at the moment.

I went to a fish store in canajoharie a couple times and the owner was really nasty. I no longer go there [emoji102].

The way I look at it is, if they can't be polite and respectful, then they don't deserve my business.

I appreciate that. I'll stick with getting my shrimps from you & others on this site. Maybe in the next few weeks we can set something up. I'll drive out your way. The nursing program at UC has me fairly busy at the moment.

I went to a fish store in canajoharie a couple times and the owner was really nasty. I no longer go there [emoji102].

The way I look at it is, if they can't be polite and respectful, then they don't deserve my business.

Theres a CNYAS meeting wednesday at 6. Ill go this week actually off.