BKK

poormanisme

What's the going price for BKK these days. I have a few I'm gonna need to get rid of soon, but I'm not really sure what I should price them at. LOL. I want to get as much as I can. haha

thanks all,

Scott

From what I have seen the majority of people sell them around $17.00 give or take a dollar.

As shrimp be come more available and as they get hardier price will keep dropping. Heck there was a import list going around if you imported some huge amount the price went to 2-3$ so if you have a bunch of money and a import license anything is possible.

Yea they are like other, people flood the market and they drop out. Good for us, breeders are beginning to move onto pintos and harder shrimp strains

I doubt the retail price will get down to $6. They are harder to breed and grow slower than CRS. If there's no demand at good price the breeders will stop breeding them, and then the price will go up. This has happened a few times in the last 2 years. Price good -> mass production -> price drop -> reduce production -> price goes up again -> and cycle again.

I think the reasonable final market price will be around $10 - $12, anything lower than they may disappear in the main stream like OEBT. My source had 20-30 tanks of OEBT last year, and this year he shut them all down due to low demand and crashed wholesale price.

I doubt the retail price will get down to $6. They are harder to breed and grow slower than CRS. If there's no demand at good price the breeders will stop breeding them, and then the price will go up. This has happened a few times in the last 2 years. Price good -> mass production -> price drop -> reduce production -> price goes up again -> and cycle again.

I think the reasonable final market price will be around $10 - $12, anything lower than they may disappear in the main stream like OEBT. My source had 20-30 tanks of OEBT last year, and this year he shut them all down due to low demand and crashed wholesale price.

Randy's analysis is pretty spot on. There won't ever be a super low price. If price exceeds effort and cost or become so marginal, supply will simply stop.

I've mentioned before that for a lot of us here, stateside, this is merely a hobby. Sure, we have fun breeding and making sales to RECOVER expenses is exciting but we'll never have the scaling like the farms in China or Taiwan, where breeding is a business. Because our demand for newer species of shrimp is so high, they'll simply move on to the next shrimps that will give them the most profits and let the small scale demands be met by hobbyists.

We see this happening for Bloody Mary, Dream Neos, Crimson Red Dragon Fire Ball Neo (joking name), etc... Pricing usually floats very high and will usually expected a huge drop (usually for the easier to breed types) and continue to fall further (because of 2nd hand breeders such as hobbyist) entering the market. Shrimp breeding is pretty zero-sum. You can only demand high prices as long as you control supply.

In a way, you can manipulate the market by dramatically dropping prices on something to force wholesaler to exit the market, but usually easier said than done. Forum members usually develop a "brand" loyalty and will continue to buy at a higher price point even if quality is bad or items are priced marginally higher.