Do you like Rili or Splotched Shrimp?

I thought about making a poll, however I'm more interested in the conversation of people's opinions.

No opinion is "right" or "wrong" on this.  It's simply how an individual feels about the var. :)

Some questions for conversation:

Do you like Rili or Splotched shrimp?

Would you consider keeping them?

Which do you like better? RIli or Splotched (non-culled)?

Or would you not think about keeping them at all?

Too much work?

Ugly?

IN short, what are your thoughts?

I really enjoy my Carbon Rili Shrimp, I do have to cull now and again but not to often. When I do cull its primarily for almost completely black Carbon offspring. I also like some of the splotched Carbon Rilis that are produced but those are seldom as well.

What is an example of a splotched shrimp.  I love Rili  .   I guess the carbons are kind of splotched but the cleaner the lines, the more attractive I think they are. 

I like both splotched and rili. Also I think they both look awesome in their own way :)

The rili are great when they are high quality.  Nice clean lines.  They look like they are painted.

However I really like the splotched.  Each shrimp is different.  Never the same.  It makes a nice break for me as a selective breeder who focuses on vars and breeding true.

If I was interested in keeping shrimp for pets, I could so totally see picking out 3 or 4 shrimp. Knowing who they were by markings and calling them names. :)

Do you think the interest in rili/splotched is fading away to nothingness?  If so, the var may become extinct like so many others.

• 3 weeks later...

I like both but prefer the clean lines of just the head and tail having color. My favorite is the is the orange/yellow rili. I am planning on getting some in the future. Maybe for Christmas! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer the red rili.  I just think they are beautiful. And it is so easy to see the babies. I sure hope they don't go by the wayside. Mine are pets - but I have not named them.  Don't think I could come up with that many names or be able to tell them apart.

• 3 weeks later...