USPS workers

OMG Aquatics

Anyone here work at a USPS Sorting Facility or know someone that does?

What exactly do people do in there? Why would there be delays at these stations?

Pretty ticked of seeing my daily mail being delayed 2-3 days. It's just being held hostage at sorting facility for 2-3 days before it takes off.

I know NYC is very big and crowded. Mail is way over packed but these delays are just not reasonable...

I only notice delays after the government shut down and when government got back up, I assume some or a lot of USPS employees were fired. Before government shut down, all shipping was on time and delay rate was  < 1%. Now it's over 50% delay in NYC. USPS needs to set up their game...

How about this just have your stuff shiped to me in upstate ny and I'll "hold" it for you until you get here. I will verify every thin is in working order, that shrimp like the food, plants grow and any shrimp breed. Sound good?

Buddy, just tack an extra 2-3 days ship time onto anything. I live in a bizarre shipment black hole too; some areas are just weird like that. My mail is almost always a minimum of a day late, packages get dumped on my doorstep after sunset, boxes of hay are hidden around the property while it's raining, and it's not safe to order plants if the ambient temperature isn't exactly to their liking. It's been like this for more than 20 years - some things just ain't gonna change. You're not alone, but don't expect it to suddenly get better for no reason!

When you say your mail is almost a minimum of a day late, do you mean it arrives at your local post office late most of the time or it arrives at your local post office on time but delivers a day later?

Kind of silly for USPS...

Shipped on Oct 30th, They finally received on Nov 2. It's going from NY to NY. Today is 11/5 and still no updates on the whereabouts of package.

I don't track most USPS, but even when I was in high school, if something was sent to a bunch of people, I'd be a day behind getting it. My college sent roommate info from Massachusetts to Maryland faster than to me in Connecticut. These days, I wait an extra week for my W-2. I don't know what happens to it, but it's pretty consistent. So I'm guessing it's some kind of sorting facility limbo. I don't sweat it anymore, I just laugh when I'm given an expected delivery date.

It could be worse ... when our regular postal guy at work goes on vacation, we don't get mail (and can't send out) for most of the week. The substitute doesn't make it to the office until a couple hours after closing, and then they hide the mail somewhere on the porch and run away!

• 2 weeks later...

Welp guys. If you ever contact USPS via email about a delayed package or something and there's no progress within 2 days, contact Consumer Affairs and they'll straighten them up quickly!!

Had a few packages just sitting at Sorting facilities for over a week and once I got a hold of Consumer Affairs, the package is moving again!!