What do you like to feed your shrimp?

I feed blanched kale, snow flake food, and algae wafer. There is also always an almond leaf in there for my crystals to peck away at.

I feed my own blend of shrimp jello (combination of veggies high in calcium, spirulina algae, algae wafers, calcium carbonate, etc.) and Borneo Wild Grow. I alternate these every 3-4 days. There is one Indian Almond leaf in my tank, but my shrimp pretty much ignore it. I'm about to start feeding Shirakura Chi Ebi when my berried female looks like she's going to finally have her babies. They LOVE the shrimp jello, so if you want to try making it, my recipe is on my YouTube channel:

I feed my own blend of shrimp jello (combination of veggies high in calcium, spirulina algae, algae wafers, calcium carbonate, etc.) and Borneo Wild Grow. I alternate these every 3-4 days. There is one Indian Almond leaf in my tank, but my shrimp pretty much ignore it. I'm about to start feeding Shirakura Chi Ebi when my berried female looks like she's going to finally have her babies. They LOVE the shrimp jello, so if you want to try making it, my recipe is on my YouTube channel:

Does your shrimp have trouble molting?

That's a lot of calcium imo.

Nope. My shrimp have never had any issues with molting, at least not that I've seen. I saw a molt the other day in my neon yellow tank (I've only got 11 of them), and consistently see one to two molts every so often in my Opae'Ula tank. I had a berried neon yellow female about a week after starting to feed the jello. I heard that females typically become berried right after a molt, and if she's berried, the molting must have gone well, right? Should the shrimp be molting more often?

Currently I am testing the MK-Breed Red Diamond, Black Diamond, and CheeseBurger with PRL CRS and TBs. Other tanks I am using CSF and EBITA Breed.

i have been using Shirakura ebi dama Special as my main feed and then mixing BW multipara, frenzy, and barley in sometimes.  i have some Black Diamond on the way which i am going to see if it helps color up my bluebolts and pandas at all. 

What brand is the White flake food that i see a bunch of folks using?

i have been using Shirakura ebi dama Special as my main feed and then mixing BW multipara, frenzy, and barley in sometimes.  i have some Black Diamond on the way which i am going to see if it helps color up my bluebolts and pandas at all. 

What brand is the White flake food that i see a bunch of folks using?

There are several brands that carry "Snowflake" food, but SL-Aqua, Mosura, and BorneoWild all carry it.

do you recommend any particular brand?  i guess i'll give one a shot.

I use SL-Aqua, but honestly any would be fine. They all have the same basic ingredients.

Shrimps should be molting every 3-4 weeks. Molting too fast while they are not ready could result in death.

I see. Well, I've thus far never had a shrimp death due to any "natural" causes (molting, overfeeding, etc.). The only times I've had deaths were:

1. To the filter when I initially set up the tank. I was clueless and didn't shrimp proof it so I lost a few before I realized it and fixed that. Since then I have had no losses until...

2. Moving. I lost a few shrimp during my move, and that was entirely my fault. I moved the entire tank thinking they'd be fine but because they're so small, several got buried/crushed, and I accidentally dropped a lava rock on one. T.T

But yeah, other than that, the rest have been thriving. I have yet to find a dead shrimp just lying around in the tank. #knockonwood >.>

Does your jello have to be refrigerated after making, or is it fine in a container at room temp?

The jello needs to be frozen after it's made, and I usually throw a few packs of desiccant in there to soak up some moisture. Frozen like this, it should last at least a year. I just plop it into the tank frozen. It helps to keep its shape and the tank's temperature thaws it anyway. I'll post a vid of my shrimp eating the jello in a bit. They chow it DOWN.

Here's a video of my shrimp chowing down on the jello. I'm pretty sure shrimp love to chow down on any food put in the tank, but I like the jello because I can easily suck it out with a syringe for easy clean-up. I bought one of those food dishes, but because my tank is so planted, there's nowhere I can put it. Lol. Oh well. =P

Edit: Sorry for the poor quality. I have a mediocre point-and-shoot camera.  :unsure:

my only real concern would be it breaking down and turning to mush but seems to hold together pretty well. congrats on making your own food. great idea.

do you recommend any particular brand?  i guess i'll give one a shot.

I use SL-Aqua, but honestly any would be fine. They all have the same basic ingredients.

http://www.discobee.com/collections/sl-aqua/products/sl-aqua-snowflake