favorite reasonably priced supplies

Hey all, 

Where do you find the most reasonable prices on supplies?  My sister has a nice 55 gal aquarium but  the ugly useless factory top and lighting.  She always looks at my tanks and oohs and ahhs.   For xmas I want to get her a glass canopy and nice lighting for her tank. 

When I was into fish before I moved I had  it all in my head but now I don't remember where i got my nice lights for the lowest prices. 

Whats your favorite most reliable place?   

Whats the name of the lights so I can put it in search Green?  

Countryboy, she has some plants (which I gave her hehe)    She doesn't go crazy with them  but she does love them when I bring them to her.    So enough light to grow low or medium light plants.   Mostly I want to light up that tank.  When I go over there it looks so dark with the factory lighting. 

I have an LED from aquatraders.com (hat tip to frog forum for the find) which was both inexpensive and more light than the Finnex that I started with. The only trouble was that the metal legs were put on upside down. Luckily, I don't need them and they would be easy to fix if I cared. I believe it's one of the Current Satellite models (not the Plus, although I hear the Plus is good if you want more than low light).

For generic equipment, I have found good deals on Drs. Foster and Smith. You have to know what you want and order enough to trigger free shipping to make it worthwhile (I have a problem with spoiling my many pets, so I can always get free shipping - but it is a PAIN when you want one $5 item). Their assortment tends to also be limited in very strange ways - but they have good prices on what they do carry.

Ya I use the aqua traders which is beamworks led over my shrimp rack.

They grow my mosses/Anubias/fern.

Oddly my metal legs were flip inside down also?

Wonder why they do that?

Oh, maybe it is Beamswork and not Current then? I have a poor memory lately!

Perhaps it's so they can fit it into a smaller box for shipping? If they both came like that, I doubt we just got the same doofus who put them together wrong. There must be a reason.

Ya they ship in the box they come in.

Aqua traders doesn't put item into another box and ships.

I have a canister filter from them and they shipped in the original box. Haha

I'm going to date myself horribly here ... HOW do you find ANYTHING on Amazon?! I can't seem to browse effectively. Sure, if I know exactly what I want, then I can usually locate it. But if I'm just poking around, say for fish food, I get a billion results in no useful order. Also, different quantities/sizes of the same item are listed separately and I have to spend a half hour figuring out how to get what I want.

I usually research the product extensively first.  Ususally see the name of a product on a forum then research it on google then search for the product specifically on Amazon.  Then I spend hours reading reviews then usually check the forums again for more reviews, then maybe buy it.  I am a little OCD about certain things.