Just placed my order for some CRS!

I'm excited. I just placed an order for some CRS. Two of my tanks are finally cycled and ready to go for them.

The water quality is where everything should be, and the home is ready for them. I have some moss

and plants on the way too. Hopefully, the plants will make it before the Shrimp, but it will be okay

either way. I have lots of great quality food for them, and everything I need, plus I have backups

on everything and one new tank that is cycling right now and will be a nice home for them  when

it is fully cycled. I could use some more plants and moss too for when it is cycled. I also picked

up a good PH meter, as I just don't trust the test strips and the API kit. I am getting too many

different readings. But the PH meter show 6.6

Can't wait......

Doc,

I purchased some CRS from Will and I never look at the PH. I use regular tap water for my weekly water change , Prime and shield and the shrimps are thriving.

I notice many here look at the PH but I wonder how important that actually is ?

It is a heavy planted 20 gallon tank.

The CRS are certainly very pretty .  I plan to also get CBS for another tank.

What are your plans for the other tank?

I'm not sure yet, it will be shrimp for sure, but I want to landscape it a certain way with

lawns, bridges, lamp posts, statue, forest at the back of tank, type of thing.

I really like Will, he is great, very helpful, friendly, professional, and goes out

of  his way for his customers. I also bought the Volume one and Two of

the magazine.

I want their water quality to be perfect for them. I know they will be just fine in

all kinds of water quality, but in order to get the highest quality, with the white

color to be the whitest, and deep red, they have to have excellent quality water

and food. In Europe, CRS is huge, and they pay big time for the best CRS, they

even have CRS Championship shows all over Europe, and plan to bring a show

here to Vegas if the US gets more interest into CRS, and Shrimp keeping and

breeding. Of course I would have to win the lotto to even go to Vegas, but

a guy can dream.   lol

Your shrimp were sent out today.  The magazines will go out tomorrow (picked them up from the PO on my way to work today).

6.6 sounds about perfect :)

Can't wait! I got some moss and plants coming tomorrow, so I hope to get them all in and have their home

all ready for them when they get here. I will acclimate them correctly, and slowly, and take my time and

do it right.

Just got my CRS shrimp order today. Man were they nice! I acclimated them very slowly, and tonight they are in their new home. They immediately started exploring the

entire tank. They were all very frisky, and moving around a lot. I also got my plants and moss in just before I got the CRS, and I did a big water change, and make sure the water

quality was perfect for them, Temp, TDS, PH, GH, KH, and no ammonia's, No nitrites, just a touch of nitrates, and crystal clear water. Thank you so much, The Shrimp Tank! Hope that

is okay to say. Will's CRS are amazing. Tiny, but amazing.

I knew CRS was tiny, but man, are they tiny. The fry must be really hard to see. I definitely see the importance of having mesh on your intakes.

Thanks so much to H4N! I hope that is okay to say too. For plants and moss, he did an amazing job!

Just since yesterday, they have gotten redder, and they are really exploring the tank. So far, all seem

healthy, and doing great. Will at The Shrimp Tank is the place to get CRS for sure. All of them are

SSS grade and a couple of them are exceptional grade.

I tried to give them just a little food today, but they did not seem interested. A few took some bites

of a Shrimp King ring sample that H4N sent me with the awesome moss I bought from him, but

after a little bit, I took it back out, it doesn't seem like they are very hungry, and I am sure there

is plenty to eat in the tank just as it has been cycling for two months. I took all fish out of the tank

and did a big water change. So far the water quality is great, and what it should be all the way around.

I am thinking about putting the two ottos back in the tank with the CRS though. The ottos are very

small right now. Tiny in fact.

Doc,

Yes they will eat invisible micro stuff in uncrowded planted tanks .  I only feed mine once a week but do 2 water changes a week and use shield which also got from Will.  Are ottos safe with baby shrimp?

yes, as far as I know, ottos are the only fish that is supposed to be 100% safe with shrimp and fry.

But, I have not proven that myself, personally yet. There are some other fish that are supposed

to be safe with fish, and I have read that lots of shrimp owners have some fish and different

types with their shrimp and the shrimp are fine.

But, everything I have read says, that ottos are the only true safe, 100% will not hurt or

eat the Shrimp, fish there is.

Because of the price of CRS, I would still say it is probably a very slight risk, especially with fry,

but to me, there would still be a risk and trial to be sure.

That answer probably did not help you much.   lol