Rusty Colored OEBT

Hi Shrimpers,

Anyone know a source where I can contact to get these Rusty Colored OEBT. The genetics was more readily available a few years back (I think DK's OEBT and Gabeszone had the genetics) but have since seem to disappeared. A majority of the OEBT I see now are the cooler blue coloration, which I don't find as appealing.

If anyone has these breeding or can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

This is how they look. Simply gorgeous!!

post-210-141693530135_thumb.jpg

post-210-141693531395_thumb.jpg

post-210-141693532437_thumb.jpg

Check out Ark on aquabid. Look at the second pic in his oebt auction. He may be able to help you. I was going to post a link but not sure of the rules on posting auction links.

the thing with the rust colored oebt is they are females. males do not get it. i breed for a couple years and only females got it

I still find the rust colored OEBT more appealing because even if the rust is only present in females, it's better to have some rusted OEBT than none at all. Plus, comparing rust to the normal OEBT, rusted is so much more intense.

Check out Ark on aquabid. Look at the second pic in his oebt auction. He may be able to help you. I was going to post a link but not sure of the rules on posting auction links.

Can you please post link if it's not a hassle? [emoji1]

One of the great things about ShrimpSpot is you aren't limited to what you can link. Folks here post a review about an item with a direct link to their website right below, no fuss no problems!

I'm also told as oebt get older, the rust becomes more prevalent.

Speedie used to have amazing photos of the rusted OEBT. They're super intense and I want to collect them because you barely see them around anymore. They almost got completely replaced with icy OEBT and Royal Tigers (which the latter being super awesome, but has become sort of common).

I also PMed DK about her OEBT but I don't know of she'll get back to me.

Pretty much all my mature females OEBT are rusty coloured like that.. I would have thought that is fairly standard for OEBT's or is it specific to certain strains?

Pretty much all my mature females OEBT are rusty coloured like that.. I would have thought that is fairly standard for OEBT's or is it specific to certain strains?

I'm not sure. There's been a lot of photos floating around with the lighter icy blue OEBT and barely any of the darker rusted color OEBT. It could be there all OEBT express this rusting trait but I haven't seen any photos of such.

Do you have photos of your rusted OEBT?

I will check tonight I have any.

With mine they don't usually turn rusty colored until thet get berried a couple times or until they are fully grown.

I think most people only sell younger shrimps so that is why they are all blue or maybe it is just a thing with European sourced tigers. I don't have a separate strain from Asia so can't say for certain.

I am in the opposite boat. I am looking for ones that don't turn rusty..lol

This oebt from ark

Dang Evilguppy,

That shrimp is super beautiful. I think I find rusty OEBT really appealing because under the right conditions, the blue of their shells becomes super intense blue and their red expressions is a striking contrast.

Seems like you got the OEBT from ark as well. I emailed the person so when I get a response I'm probably going do the buyout.

Most of mine develop the rusty back as well

Well that's good to know! I placed an rover for the aquabid OEBT. Should be receiving before end of the week. Excited to see how they'll look as adults and extra excited to finally have my 20L filled and see how tigers do in a tank using the Revive Bianco Gamma.

i can almost bet these are the german ones. the ones i see comming from asia are not this blue/rust colored they are lighter

Exactly! NA has recently been experiencing an influx of importing from Taiwanese and other Asia sources (probably due to it being so cheaply produced). Speedie used to have really awesome tigers but now the only ones that seems to be getting across are the icy-light blue colored tigers. I'm not as enamored by them as I am by the rusted OEBT.

I'm working on getting some JRB (Japanese Red Bees) over as I'm done with all these other "PRL" from Asia. I own a lot myself an I'm not as impressed. The PRL years ago (when they still came from Japan) were much more impressive.

I recently revamped my OEBT because they were all so light colored. I basically started over my colony. I bought from multiple sources that I knew specifically had rusty colored shrimp. I know Ark sent me a number of shrimp that have developed a rusty red. He also selectively breeds for dark blue and rusty coloration and he send lots of extra plants. He also includes free blondes, but I told him I had plenty of my own! Also, his shipping methods are, in my opinion, superior to anyone else I have ever purchased from.

I recently revamped my OEBT because they were all so light colored. I basically started over my colony. I bought from multiple sources that I knew specifically had rusty colored shrimp. I know Ark sent me a number of shrimp that have developed a rusty red. He also selectively breeds for dark blue and rusty coloration and he send lots of extra plants. He also includes free blondes, but I told him I had plenty of my own! Also, his shipping methods are, in my opinion, superior to anyone else I have ever purchased from.

I just received my OEBT in the mail. I also bought from ark and you're right, his packaging is pretty spectacular. Different, but I don't doubt it's effectiveness. My only concern is the amount of news paper he has to buy because my OEBT were wrapped with SOO much new paper!! Hahaha.

Of the 15 OEBT I bought, only 3 were blondes. I can already tell of there's some awesome looking OEBTs. Super excited to see how they grow.

Not a review, but Ark is definitely a good source for OEBT. The ones he shipped are good sized. [emoji1]

I can't find him? Or is he sold out?

I dunno. He's available on Aquabid. He might be sold out? No idea. All I know is his shrimps are pretty great and that I ordered 15 and he sent me 22. Of that 22, 3 are blondes, so no complaints from me.