The reason why suplyers are telling you not to cross neo shrimp

pretty.  I feel like I remember them being around a couple years ago with  some kind of forth of july name.  patriot shrimp or.. LOL I can't remember but it had something to do with red white and blue. 

So why has this shrimp not been mass produced. It is way better looking than a normal rili

It has been, neos are all about the new variation.  Once the new one is out, others drop in value and lose tank space especially with breeders who are willing to spend the time to keep quality of variation up at a high level.

Selective breeding.

I'm not saying crossing won't produce anything new but people who buy a $12 neo normally want to produce the same variant.  People have weird ones pop up once in a while in single variant tanks.  When you are breeding on the scale some breeders are, you can get small groups of weird ones.  Then they can separate and line breed to prove out and stabalize the gene.

It'll take one generation to muddle the genes that took multiple ones to isolate and refine, that's why breeders don't want you to mix variants.

Again, you're getting this conspiracy theory from someone whose never produced anything, stolen a pic from a famous breeder and claimed it was his mate's??????

Yes this is what I plan on doing. I know a lot about genetics as I bred pattern and color mutations together in mice and corn snakes . The problem is when most people cross 2 morphs together they give up when they get browns. You need to wait a few generations to see if you get more than one gene on one animal

LOL  I think you found 2 answers to your statement.  :D

1) Why do suppliers tell you not to mix shrimp?  They won't breed true anymore.  Short and simple.  Most people want true breeding varieties- unless someone wants to play with selective breeding and the space, time and money involved..

and 2) The poster of Michael Nadal's shrimp is a liar. :sword: