Guess what I assembled today. ..

Teruterubozu

Here are a couple photos. The first is looking at the underside of the shelf so you can see one side of the support.

Posted Image

The second has my finger there so you can see there isn't much of a ledge on the bottom of the support... it's only a slight curve, not enough to rest anything on like yours.

Posted Image

This looks like the shelf I have, be careful as this board will eventually bow. Had 2 5g on mine. It bowed and water leaked, caved my tank in overnight. Lost a tank of cardinals when it happened. Just saying be careful and replace I'd it's the thin stock board.

-Chris

Thanks, Chris. I appreciate you sharing your experience.

My stepdad has offered to put a brace in for me... I showed him this thread and asked if he could do it for me. Now if I can get him to do it before he leaves for Alaska, everything will work out great. :)

I have my Evolve8 and a large fishbowl on one shelf and so far, so good... crossing my fingers that nothing happens before he can get here. They've been on the shelf now for a little over a month. I've ordered a Truaqua 8.7 gallon that should arrive tomorrow. Won't fill it up until the shelf is fixed. Just gives me more time to figure out the lighting and stuff, right?

Thanks, Chris. I appreciate you sharing your experience.

My stepdad has offered to put a brace in for me... I showed him this thread and asked if he could do it for me. Now if I can get him to do it before he leaves for Alaska, everything will work out great. :)

I have my Evolve8 and a large fishbowl on one shelf and so far, so good... crossing my fingers that nothing happens before he can get here. They've been on the shelf now for a little over a month. I've ordered a Truaqua 8.7 gallon that should arrive tomorrow. Won't fill it up until the shelf is fixed. Just gives me more time to figure out the lighting and stuff, right?

Yea it will, I figured I would let u know what happened to me. One side I, had tanks on one side that didn't do it. The other one was quick.

-Chris