Crossing OEBT...

Good morning shrimpfolk.

So i have read and a read as much as i can trying to determine different outcomes with crossing oebt with tb's...and i am at a loss for what kind of end goal i have.  I'd like to see what comes from just crossing them with tbs but i think i should narrow down my tb to keep up with the who's who in the breeding.  What do you guys think i should use?  Right now i have them mixed with a bunch of mischlings, but i want to move them to my new setup and maybe keep the mischlings where they are.  Am i locking myself into heading straight for pintos by mixing with the tbs?  all the selective breeding gets confusing after a while.  Suggestions would be awesome.  i need your advice!  pictures would be cool too. 

I guess my question is should i mix them in with a particular color...ie goldens or blue bolts and see what happens? if so what would we like to see...

anyone have more success with mixing a certain type vs another?

I am also wondering about this, especially since I will be starting my own project for fun. I will be trying to keep separate the colors. I am also intrigued by mixing with the yellow King Kongs.

yeah agreed  this is totally for my own enjoyment...i'd just really like to see what happens with it.

IIRC to get a pinto you would need to do the following. I will probably get the filial numbers wrong.

1. F0 female OEBT + F0 male TB  =  F1 Tibee

2. F1 Tibee + F0 male TB = F2 Taitibee (keep crossing with F0 male TB to get better pattern/color)

A pinto is a variation of a Taitibee. A Taitibee can be a fancy tiger or pinto. Please correct me if wrong.

that all helps!  but what type of TB would be cool or maybe be more successful?  Like crossing a red wine with an OEBT seems like a bad idea color wise because it seems it would probably "brown out"..i guess that would be personal preference normally but i wanted to see what yall thought...  i keep thinking bluebolts since they both already have strong blue in them..but enough white to cause some kind of pattern...or maybe shadow pandas...i dunno.  Is this a dumb experiment/project?  would it be a waste of time/money?

It gets real confusing real fast- and sometimes I lose track myself.  TB is a mutation of crs/cbs so some feel that since TiBs can be created by crs/cbs x Tiger, then crossing TB with tiger is an automatic TaiTiB.

Others have issues with that.

Like I said, it gets real confusing real fast.

These things get confusing really fast because there's no standard, and each region  has their own idea of naming things.

Back to the topic, I would use BKK to cross with OEBT. And pick whatever feature(s) you like in F1, and selectively breed them to stabilize the feature. That's if you want TaiTiBee. 

If pinto is what you want, then select the female TaiTiBee (that's not a pinto yet) that has the most broken pattern (comparing to regular CRS/CBS) and cross back to regular BKK, or even better, the TaiTiBee that has TB colour phynotype.

I consider pinto just a TB with irregular bee shrimp pattern (i.e. the S/SS/SSS patterns), although the colour does seem a bit better than regular TB, could be that average TB colour has faded in the recent years.