crossing neos

So I'm new to the site and so far I've spent the whole time reading about genetics. I've had neo shrimp for about a year now I started with red cherrys and fed off my clear ones and got most my shrimp prity fire red for the most part. Then I got some blue velvet, not having an ro system and new to the hobby the few blue shrimp did not take off on their own. Needless to say I put them with my cherrys and got what I guess is red rilli shrimp? Then from there I crossed them back to blue velvet is this possible? I have pics of my offspring as well as abother question. I've had my yellow and red shrimp in a tank together and so far no crosses just all reds and all yellows.

As far as the red rili question- it makes sense for a couple different reasons.

Sometimes blue rili is labeled as bv because they look very similar.  However even if they are true bv, both blue rili and bv come from red rili.  By crossing them with cherries, you basically just introduce the rili gene back into cherries again to make red rili.

Yes, you can breed the bv or blue rili again from there.

Yepper.  I did. 

I wasted hundreds of dollars buying yellow strain after yellow strain only to have them almost all die off on me.  Too sensitive.  Heck they would go belly up if I looked at them funny.  I think out of hundreds bought I had something like 5 or less left.  In desperation I decided to try to make my own hardy strain of yellows, so I crossed them with reds.

The result was yellow off spring and red offspring.  After several more generations I was able to have a pure yellow strain that was pretty hardy.  This is where my Sunshines came from.  Not too long ago (yr?  2 yrs?), I bought another strain of yellows for another tank for a good price.  These were the type that hardly had any yellow.  I mixed some sunshine culls with them from my astax project, and the resulting offspring generations later have been bright and beautiful and much more hardy.

My point is, it is possible to mix yellows and red, and then breed them out again.  It does indeed make a much hardier strain.  Problem is other people who have tried it have wound up with wilds.  I think the color genes are in different places, and you kind of luck out as to what strain you get when buying from someone.  The only way you know is by gambling and trying.  Working with shrimp colors can be very frustrating.

If you go to my Facebook thegardenof eder I have some pics of my yellow shrump as well as some others. I've been really successful with the yellow neos I've got there different tanks trying to cRoss yellow with other crosses. I'm trying to get red and yellow together. Next I might try my orange neos to get a like rilli mix kinda.