Hello All :)

FireRedShrimp

Newbie here! I've enjoyed our planted community tank so much that after adding a bamboo shrimp and some cherries to it, I got the bug to start a shrimp only tank. I have a 20 gal long planted tank with Fire reds and Painted fire reds and hope to add Crystal black shrimp to it soon. :) I'm really enjoying learning about shrimp keeping, and hope to add more tanks in the future. Might even end up passing the "fever" on to my daughter one day :)

Good to meet you, and I hope you do pass it along to another generation, that would be great!

How old is your daughter?  Mine is 5 and is starting to appreciate the shrimp more.  I compared them to porpoises one day with how they swim and the light bulb went on in her head. heh  My son still occasionally calls them fish, but he is beginning to appreciate them too.  (He's also 5.  Twins)  My oldest is 9, and he likes the idea of me (not him) having them, and is indifferent most of the time about them. heh

Thank you Doc! :)

Soothing Shrimp, she just turned 11m today and I can't believe it!! :) I think that's great that your little ones enjoy them, one day they may ask for a tank of their own! ;) I know as a child I used to drive my parents batty with questions. I hope that my lo asks lots of questions as well, because after all, that's how we learn.

Thank you for the welcome! :D She is a lot of fun and growing much too fast! My husband is in the Navy so I'm going to try and stick to one or two tanks until we are done moving and settle. Once settled I'd like to set up a small rack. Have a great weekend all and happy shrimping!

~Stephanie