Hob breeder box

I think it's a great idea. A lot of people actually use these. They'll put there darkest or most deeply colored shrimp in there and breed them out let the babies go back into the tank and let them continue to breed. Then you have a lot of culling to do haha. I wish I had space to use one of these but my daughter would be pulling on it too much.

Ive used the finex brand for separating shrimp several times. Even the smaller grate size let even sub adult shrimp thru. I ended up putting the grate inside the toe of a nylon and rubber banding it super tight so I could get good water flow and keep the shrimp I wanted in the box

I used the airline option when I put the breeder box on my shrimp tanks. Even the 35gph pump with a spray bar was a lot of current for my shrimp. I use the pump version as a refugium on my reef.

with the marina box you can hook the hagen elite mini internal filter to it. the out flow for the filter fits perfect onto the inlet tube of the breeder box. and the filter is adjustable. i used it that way when i had angel fry in it

that is quite nifty. i know on the sponge filter i am using im not a big fan of the noise it makes i just stuck poly fill in it and that helped quiet the outlow of it and works just the same. i didnt stuff it all the way down the tube just the opening where water goes back into the tank i will get a pic later if you want to see

I can take one and put it up a little later. I basically had to cut 2 inches off an eheim hose so I could connect the elbow piece to the inflow pipe.

Otherwise I would never be able to connect the two. They were the same diameter.

Then the power head came with a rubber adapter which happened to fit perfectly on the other side of the elbow.

I did this bc i wanted to utilize the suction cups on the power head , which you cannot do without that elbow piece. I've seen pics of people just dangling the power head in the water. Looks horrible..