My First Mk style shrimp breeding tank

Tranggalangg

Looks great Trang. You will get mold and it will melt if you keep it that wet. I have always left a corner open and mist maybe every other day. To start it would add water to maybe a half inch below substrate line. That moisture will last awhile. Alot less moisture is necessary than people think, that is why it is called a dry start.

That is a ton of light you will struggle with algae even with co2 and ferts. I ran my led at only 25% over a foot above the rim. Hc cab grow great under low light with no ferts or co2, i trim every other week. UG has done great in the same conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! It's been about 2 weeks since I took a picture! The baby tears are showing signs of growth. The yellow leafs melted away and new green leafs sprouted. Also, they have finally rooted. I added more water to help with the rooting process. And no mold because I'm spraying excel every other day. I wish I can fast forward this long process!

9bc1ef0a653c862a72a4cbf60753b38d.jpg

5b5f6c781d53d62b4e959837ebceb3d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Soo it's been a long time since I've did an update! It's been about 3 months and the baby tears are almost done matting the bottom of my tank! It was an excruciating 3 months.

Now since the tank is filled up. I'm running pressurized C02 at the rate of 1 bubble per second.

5de824a1ea5ece5318d0bb3411f6e2d1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally saved enough for the Kessil a160! Omg this light fixture is amazing!!!!! It's also dimmable. I also added a extra filter to add more flow to the tank. I'm starting to run into algae problems....

b04b3e3862ad5b4546c7f384328368e4.jpg

cacf2c51871d131ef19baf7b9dda08f6.jpg

a0c39d114ddf178d32d1cbaa446512bd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...