Berried Mama Shuffles Eggs?

Pika

So of course I can't get a good pic of it, because my berried mama likes to stay in the shadows most of the time, but I saw her doing more than "fanning" her eggs I think, and hadn't heard of it happening before.

Do they actually "shuffle" the eggs around and rearrange them sometimes? I was watching her fanning, and then she almost dropped some eggs down, scooped them up, and stuck them back in. Since she hasn't dropped the eggs since, and is continuing to go about her shrimpy business, I can only assume this is normal, I just had never heard of it. It would make sense if there were a temperature difference and sometimes they needed to be turned, like birds or reptiles, but I guess I figured an aquatic environment more or less stabilized itself, aided by the fanning.

Anyone else?

is she a new mom? i know i had rili's a while back and a couple of my moms would get so many eggs they were basically dragging the ground. i know from time to time they would shuffle them about to keep from losing them. so that might b what yours was doing or if it was a new mom trying to keep them in and not loose them

Yea,mine all do that also its,normal. I saw them almost drop one and scoop it up. Heard it,keeps the algae from forming. If you ever have to artificially,hatch eggs you have to fan a couple,times a day or they get algae and die

-Chris

It is normal, I think they are passing water over the eggs so they get enough O2.  The eggs are basically glued in there so they aren't really shifting position.