if you could have any exotic animal what would it be?

aquariumlover10

Sugar gliders were an adventure. ....their fruit diet created a regular tank clean ritual or horrible rotten fruit smells.

Ferrets are fun but huge thieves....chinchilla was my favorite exotic mammal so far. Super friendly with some encouragement (pikachu would do anything for a raisin); very cuddly

Corals are very fun to propagate. ..im still trying to convince the hubby a frag tank could pay for itself in a year just in money I don't spend on new corals;-) but any reef set up (thats dialed in) would count as propagating if u split corals off the ones in the display...its possible to propagate with a nano reef if u try

My wife and I enjoy watching Dr. Pol.

Unfortunately, Dr. Pol showcases a lot of substandard veterinary medicine, and has been reported to the Michigan licensing board for veterinary medicine a few times for it. :( It may be an entertaining show sometimes, but it boggles my mind that he is continued to allow to practice on animals when his techniques are outdated and sometimes dangerous. Just because he's done something a long time doesn't mean that's still the way it should be done; just because he's a "country vet" doesn't mean he shouldn't adopt some basic practices for keeping things clean and comfortable for animals. /rant /hijack

Exotic animals in a fantasy world... I'd want big cats... stinky poops and all.  :) And not so exotic, someday I hope to have goats!

I've had a dwarf caiman before pretty cool and he didn't get to monster proportions. I got rid of him when I had kids just not a good mix also had retics and Burmese pythons they're fun when sitting on a pile of eggs kept tarantulas for a while my parents were pretty good about me keeping crazy critters

I like the normal animals that are easier to take care of and produce something (like milk or eggs). 

I'd want a huge male silverback gorilla. I mean could you imagine the looks on people's faces getting on the bus with one of those.

Did you see Rise of the Planet of the Apes? I love all the originals but that has always given me some mistrust of large apes.

Mine would be SNOW LEOPARD, however next would be Bengal Tiger.

I have had the great privilege to visit a privately owned and operated zoo close to where I live.

I was able the pet the fur of a month old Bengal tiger cub called Storm.  Couldn't pick him up, just stroke his fur, and was astonished to find its course not soft like a cat.  

Storm is 5 years old now and HUGE but every time we visit and I talk to him he whuffs at me 

and lays down and rolls over with his paws in the air.  It is my greatest pleasure to be able to see him so close.