Water pH

Well, I have not been able to get an ideal pH going in my tanks. I have fluval strathum with RO/DI water and the pH is about 6.6-6.7. Both if those have driftwood and IAL. My other 2 tanks have the amazonia soil that just arrived and the pH is 5.3-5.4. I am wanting to keep TB's in an ideal set up for breeding and from what I have seen many keep them around 6.2-6.4 and I seem unable to get in that range [emoji30]. Any ideas. All tanks are KH 0 GH 3-4 and TDS around 120

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you trying to raise your ada Ph? Ill tell you up front youll end up killing more shrimp by messing with PH. The ADA ph is perfect thats what I use. Even the 6ph is fine for them. Easier to let it go than to adjust it manually.

5.4 to 6.5 and anything in between your tibee will do well. Let the soil do it's job.

Def true, seen so many people kill shrimp, fish, and others from chemically altering the PH. Generally the animals will adapt to the change if it happens naturally. Other than ADA soil there is no other natural way to lower the ph with no significant risk to the livestock from the dramatic change.