capture cards.

aquariumlover10

So, my friend got an elgato game capture card for his bday and he parents wont let him post vids so I am wanting to get my own capture card, but I'm a kid so I don't have alot of money, so I am looking into the roxio original capture card, I know its no where near the beast, but I have found vids showing how to change so it looks alot better, and also I have a Xbox 360 so I don't need one for a Xbox one or anything, so I should be fine.

But is this a easy to use capture card and that is decent and will get me started with YouTube until I can get some money from YouTube and get a better one?

Ok I think I am going to get the roxio hd pro and hdmi cables from amazon for 105$ with free shipping, and I have a microphone I can use and a headset, so hopefully everything will work out and I can hopefully play with some other youtubers, maybe me. Nightfoxx or something, just need a gold account now :P

I had a roxio before for my Xbox 360. Once I got it working fine it was ok, but I remember having to go through a lot of stuff just to get it to work correctly. Lots of internet searches for fixes and youtube tutorials to get the settings just right for youtube. 

Once I got it working it was great, just know it may take some searching if it doesn't work out of the box. It's been a while since I've used one and have lost all knowledge of how they work anymore haha.

Heya AL10, if I may chime in........

At the start of this thread I had no idea what a capture card was.  

I'm a big believer that hobbies are the "spice of life"..........you should do what makes you happy, now and forever.

That said, I do have some familiarity with the world of video game and streaming, so I thought I'd offer up some food for thought.  There has to be thousands of people attempting to stream and gain a following......for all of the successful ones there are, there surely are hundreds that don't achieve their goals.

If you want the capture card just for fun, then by all means do as you wish.  If you are considering it from a financial standpoint as a possible means of making money, this is a different scenario altogether, and not necessarily one where it would pay off.  To get back $100-150 bucks from Twitch, you would have to spend a lot of time and have a lot of subs/followers.  For most, the return just isn't there.

I don't mean to dissuade you from your dreams in any way.........I applaud the fact that you do what you like :)

Just thought I would chip in my 2 cents as a something to think about.

Best of luck to you in all of your ventures and whatever you decide.  You'll have my "follow" :)