Sick or low quality?

brunoboy650

grab yourself some golden or snow white bees and breed them up!  Using the goldens will help solidify the shell more and you pick out the best ones from each generation to use to upgrade until you get a better shell.   I did this with my S grades x goldens, then SS x goldens, then SSS x Snows and ended up with very nice Crown Mosura's    Did the same thing with my goldens/snows until I bred

the snows to SSS+

here's a couple of pics of mine.

orot5e.jpg

246on04.jpg

grab yourself some golden or snow white bees and breed them up! Using the goldens will help solidify the shell more and you pick out the best ones from each generation to use to upgrade until you get a better shell. I did this with my S grades x goldens, then SS x goldens, then SSS x Snows and ended up with very nice Crown Mosura's Did the same thing with my goldens/snows until I bred

the snows to SSS+

here's a couple of pics of mine.

orot5e.jpg

246on04.jpg

Hmm. Interesting. I need to try this theory out.

Thank you, it was one of my shining moments in shrimp breeding.

Yeah this was before those Crystal White bees came on the scene and I didn't know what else to call them. 

I read on an Asian site that extreme snow whites were called Royal crystal whites.

They are classified as SSSS+ in Asia.  I absolutely loved the whites, sooo cool against the dark soil and plants. 

I LOVE the one Blue Crown shows on his price list....thinking I might try this again. 

I have 6 of the Crystal White Bees right now too....trying for some unique hybrids this year.

It might enhance the red color, but I doubt it would do anything for the transparency in the shell.
Don't sweat it, just enjoy what you have and when you get babies take out the better ones for upgrading
and sell off the lower grades. It takes a while, but nothing is achieved in shrimp breeding without
patience :)

You can start off with the whitest colored snows you can find, then pick out the ones with the more dense covering and breed them, each time keeping only the best ones for your program. 

I also crossed some snows on very high end Mosura Black flowerheads ($60+ each) so that it would give me a better chance of getting more solid bodied Mosura SSS. 

In some cases I ended up with snows and blacks.  

The different headgear comes from crossing CRS/CBS with goldens or snows. 

You only find headgear like crowns, hearts, lightning bolts, flower, little lips (or K14s as the Germans call them) from using goldens/snows in your programs.

PRL all have the Maro headgear (solid red band across the head) that's because they have NO golden/snow blood in them (or at least they shouldn't) 

You only find headgear like crowns, hearts, lightning bolts, flower, little lips (or K14s as the Germans call them) from using goldens/snows in your programs.

PRL all have the Maro headgear (solid red band across the head) that's because they have NO golden/snow blood in them (or at least they shouldn't)

I would respectfully disagree - headgear can be obtained from selective breeding; it just take a very long time.  

Nishiki-Ebi in particular was known for his line of japanese red bee shrimp with headgear and large white coverage

flat-prl.jpg

12-12-2.jpg

Also MananaP has been working on a line of PRL with headgear for many years, and he explicitly state that he never used golden bee / snow white

Now, it is also known that if you are breeding for headgear like Nishiki or MananaP is you will eventually get some all white red bee that have the red bred out. These are the ones that were sold in Japan for $$$$ - they have the same thick shell, solid while as normal high grade japanese red / black bee but with all the red / black bred out.  I know even in my own line I will get the occasional one with a bit more white in the head - if you pull those out you will eventually get some with headgear without losing the other qualities such the deep red, solid white and thick shell

As more breeders work on PRL's with headgear, you will eventually see more of these out there.  High quality "snow-white" PRL / PBL with red / black bred out and without any golden bee genes. 

Honestly I haven't really into it much nor do I have a photo handy but I think they got the big bucks for it based largely on the reputation of the breeder and of course the quality of the white. It would be on par with with the white you you see on high grade Japanese bee shrimps with a very solid and thick shell and solid white legs.

I do know that japanese snow white bees are impossible to find nowadays. The breeder(s) stopped breeding them. Shrimps with headgear in general are not that popular in Japan, at least with the mainstream crowd. Even Nishiki stopped working on red / black bee shrimps to focus on "cloud" shrimps which seems to be all the rage right now in Japan - essentially fancy pintos with various patterns.

With standard snow white / golden bee I found that they are very solid as juvies (around 1cm) but as they mature their color degrades over time

I haven't been in the industry for the last couple of years, so Im sure things have changed quite a bit since I tried this.  I know about Manana Ps lines, having dealt with Ebi-Ken in the past.  He has some beauties that's for sure. 

I have great respect for Japanese breeders, I have long drooled over some of the pictures of what they have achieved.....maybe one day I can actually obtain some from there.

As soon as the weather here gets a bit warmer I am going to order some of these.

2u8ypf9.jpg

the MK Breed one is $50 from Blue Crown.  The japanese ones, I am not sure it is mostly hearsay but i think it was in the thousands as they usually auction off their high end shrimps  there so the prices are only limited by how much the bidders are willing to pay.