My aquarium drama

I recently got my first shrimps and I have a problem with one. Is this female? That white area looks like white balls. Possible eggs? I can't find any pic of shrimp that could look like mine does. This shrimp is also acting weird, unlike all the other ones, this one is hiding a lot and acting slow. I'm worried.

yello_1.jpg

yellow1.jpg

edit.

yellowshrimp1.jpg

Thanks for replies. It is barely eating and has shrunk(?) We isolated him now and will see how things go. I feel so sad. But something awesome happened last night! Just moment ago I noticed clearly pregnant female! My jaw dropped. The amount of eggs seems big, I so hope everything will go fine. Also ones of the shrimps have succesfully molted his skin. :)

preggy.jpg

couple.jpg

That was a bacterial infection. Make sure you remove the dead body so it won't spread. I had that happen to my cherries before, if you don't remove them it will spread or of course you can treat them.

Fishcrazy, if you read msg that I wrote on 10th. Anyway... the preggy female has been hiding today and is slower and she has this strange whiteish glowy colour especially around head/under eye/cheek ..shit u_u doesnt look the same as the dead shrimp, but.. What meds there are for bacterial infection?

Fishcrazy, if you read msg that I wrote on 10th. Anyway... the preggy female has been hiding today and is slower and she has this strange whiteish glowy colour especially around head/under eye/cheek ..shit u_u doesnt look the same as the dead shrimp, but.. What meds there are for bacterial infection?

Sorry, I missed that. But for bacteria infections you can use Maracyn-Two and Melafix. Maracyn-Two is the cure, while Melafix is a preventative for your other shrimp. Follow the instructions carefully.

So, out of nowhere male died today. When I noticed the babies, I also noticed very small worms in the tank and some other creatures. Not sure what they are. I also have problem with snails. *heavy breathing* These problems with aquarium drive me crazy (haha).  Plants are growing good. I have been changing water every 4-7 days.Surface gets oily looking quite fast. I recently got Eheim skim 350, because I think the current filter is not enough. I use JBL Biotopol C conditioner for crustacea and shrimps. I feed Tropical Shrimps sticks. I do not overfeed. Temperature of tank is 25-26C. I will do water testing tommorrow. :/

I'll see how the skim works.
I had to take the female out. :/  It's been hard to diagnose if she is sick or not, but now it seemed like she is. I just have to hope the best for the babies (counted so far 28) and 2 other adults. I've tried to look for the meds, but couldent find any in local shops.

Here is video of the babies. They seem to like hanging on the filter. I've put stocking on it so that they wouldent (by chance) get sucked in.

https://youtu.be/4hSMfYZVFE8

Your temperature is on the high end for neocaridina. It would make bacterial infections more common. Try gradually lowering the heat to 21-23 C.

At a guess those readings for KH and GH are in ppm. They are very low for both, GH being less than 2 degrees. Consider a remineralizer for shrimp. Also consider retesting your water as many people have difficulty reading test strips accurately (I am the opposite, I find strips to be more accurate than liquid tests - but I have to read dipsticks for a living). If your water is truly that soft, you will have difficulties with many invertebrates, both shrimp and snails.

Thank you chibi. I hope someone else also gives his oppinion.

I've been looking at the options and I'm not sure what to choose. HS aqua shrimp protect, is it worth trying? Wich one would be the best Noraq pH/KH +, Sera KH/pH plus or JBL AquaDur?