Diy floating orb

featherblue

Been playing with different options to display glass marbles in my tanks. Here 2 that turned out fun

3y5atyvu.jpg

One is pressed into a hole drilled into some drift wood, actually helped anchor the java fern initially. The other roams the tank on the current, suspended on fishing line to a bobber

Those are glo skirts, I've got all 4 colors in this tank. Theyre genetically modified white skirt tetras (and much hardier than the danio glo project)

Ive got the same 4 greens I started with over 2 years ago (the other 3 colors have only been avail tge last six months or so). The greens even made it thru an ick out break. Great colorful fish

They react to just blue led light, doesn't need to be actinic or actual uv. I run a blue led strip in the tank about 14 hours a day. The glow great before and after the plant lights on, and still get some color pop if its on with the plant light

• 3 months later...

Correct me if I am talking through my backside here but as far as I understand genetically modified fish spawn the same genetics ie. they will have "glowskirt young".The genetics have been modified at a molecular level and thus will remain the same in the young unless you spawn them with the normal variety?