New Rules regarding Signature Links

As more and more people have joined the forum I have decided to no longer allow links in members signatures and instead reserve this privilege for our supporting members and sponsors (includes non html text links or business references in general).  Supporting members (bronze, silver, and gold) can have non-commercial links in their profiles and sponsors can have commercial links in their profiles.  All links on this forum are currently "do-follow" for those who are interested in SEO.

Supporting Memberships

Bronze - $10/year

Silver - $20/year

Gold - $30/year

Sponsor - $30/6 months

Please remove your links or purchase the applicable supporting membership by March 31st.

Sorry to ask this dumb question but just to make sure on it, you mean in any case we should remove the links? i.e. I have got links to my tanks' journals in this forum. So I should remove the link as well, hah?

I think you can leave them.  The reason why I said no links is because there is an option in the settings where I can disallow HTML links in a groups signatures and that is easier then trying to constantly police it.  I am not sure what will happen when I turn that setting on, it may kill your links. 

I actually never thought about adding a signature until this post, is my signature size to large? 

I am going to do some thinking on banner size limits and see where I want to go with that.  I am thinking just Gold and Sponsors can have banners (images) in their signature and I will have to play around with size limits a bit so see what looks reasonable and still works well for our sponsors but doesn't clutter up the forum to much with to many banner images. 

Will this effectively reduce the "Oh has anyone heard of" followed by a "actually I've been put into contact with" and "I'll supply you with" links to their own websites?

I have a banner to my blogger which I just use to share HQ pics and info. I've never made any attempts to sell on my blogger but I will remove my banner later tonight when I'm at a pc.

Just wanted to know if such policies will also change. Similar to TPT and their policy on linking to an external store.

Thank you.

I like being able to post links to other sites in our posts, I understand some people abuse it but it helps if a person wants feedback and a product or something from other users.

For now you can continue to post links but if it starts to get out of hand or people are self promoting to much we will start cracking down on it.

Thanks!