Recommendations for Very Small RO unit?

Hi Gang.

I'm getting tired of going to the LFS to get my RO every week, since I only need about 10-20 gallons per week.

Our tap water comes from the Potomac River, so there are lots of chemicals in it.  The water company uses Chlorine and Chloromine in their treatment process, so it's a crap-shoot every time we turn on the faucet.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a very small and simple RO unit for about $150?   Should I just use Brita filter?       :huh:  

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks! 

Make sure you get something to hold the water and a shutoff valve or a tank made for ro filters. At 50 gpd it'll pump out just under 2 gallons per hour so it can suck waiting to fill a bucket for water changes

Might not be accurate but it's best to go for higher GPD.

Mine is 150 GPD yet it can only create ~2.5 gallons per hour.

You guys are great, as always.   Thanks!

So, here's the follow-up the question:  

If you can get 2 gallons of RO per hour (this is just for example), does this mean your tap is full for an hour and the rest of the water runs off?

I'm unclear about the mechanics of how this works.  The idea is to attach it to the laundry room faucet (in the large sink), with my 5 gallon containers catching the RO, while the rest drains out.

You guys are great, as always.   Thanks!

So, here's the follow-up the question:  

If you can get 2 gallons of RO per hour (this is just for example), does this mean your tap is full for an hour and the rest of the water runs off?

I'm unclear about the mechanics of how this works.  The idea is to attach it to the laundry room faucet (in the large sink), with my 5 gallon containers catching the RO, while the rest drains out.

You leave your tap water on for an hour and waste water goes to whereever

You leave your tap water on for an hour and waste water goes to whereever

It's a good thing I don't live in California.    ^_^     How are people going to deal with home RO systems there?