For you computer nerds out there

OMG Aquatics

For Power Option, High performance, is it possible that that plan can cause black screens from time to time?

I've been experiencing black screens randomly. Sometimes I could play for 10 hours with no black screens, other times it's black screen every 1-10 seconds.

It shouldn't be power issue since I have Corsair RM750 which should be enough juice to power everything.

GPU is GTX 770.

Maybe your graphic card overheating? Check it on high performance and see if the screen start blinking then you probably need to clean a cooler from dust or change it for stronger one.

overheating was my 1st thought. I blew out all the dust and had gpu temps monitored. Did not overheat.

I also stressed my GPU with furmark for 10 minutes and there was no black screen.

I was having problems with one of my graphics cards. I eventually got a new one, but figured out my problem. One of the fans in the back of the computer wasn't working and my card would crash, once I got the fan running again it would work. So mine was from overheating, but it was the cases faulty fan, not the card

Not sure if that will help in this case, but throwing ideas out there.

I was having problems with one of my graphics cards. I eventually got a new one, but figured out my problem. One of the fans in the back of the computer wasn't working and my card would crash, once I got the fan running again it would work. So mine was from overheating, but it was the cases faulty fan, not the card

Not sure if that will help in this case, but throwing ideas out there.

I'll definitely open up my case and check on the fans while system is on. Thanks :)

If there is no problem in the drivers and card is not overheating then it's more likely you have a faulty card. The only way to check it is to install it to different pc and see you have the same problem. If you do then the card is faulty if it will work fine in other pc then something else is not right on your pc. You can also try to reinstall your operation system there is a little chance it can help.

Once my graphic card didn't work correctly on windows 64 bit and I had to reinstall 86 bit windows to fix it. Sometime the card cannot support 64bit systems, this is can be very complicate, I hate to do investigation on my pc if something not working, it can take a lot of time and at the end you still might not be able to find the problem. It's like shrimp keeping but with shrimps it's more enjoyable I think :)

I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled many times. Didn't fix.

You may need different version of the driver, even downgrade it to the old working version.

I checked, all my 8 fans are working.

I installed at least 3 different versions of driver. Newer Current and Older. None worked.

When I remove my video card, is my mobo suppose to automatically enable onboard card(according to tech support, it is suppose to)? I have the Gigabyte Z97X-SLI

I tried connecting to onboard card once video card was removed but no signal at all.

I just removed the removed the video card and placed it back into mobo. So far it's working again. Let's hope it stays that way.

I overclock pc's alot your problem is either faulty card or the thermal paste between the gpu and its he's sink has dried out or gotten old, your gpu sounds like its going into safety shutdown, if it's not that the could be the CPU thermal paste has went bad, something is shutting down your PC to keep from messing something up, or there is a bad driver somewhere it don't have to be graphics card drivers could just be sound or lan most likely its thermal paste though happens alot on mine