Need help with water flow

Hi guys, I need your advise.

I decider to go with over filtration and added Eheim 2011 to my small 35L cube tank as additional to air driven sponge filter. The problem I've got that the water current now is quite strong and my shrimps especially babies don't like it.

I saw some of the experiences breeders setups here in journals section with exterior filter in small tanks but how you guys mange to keep shrimp friendly current?

I drilled a bigger holes in the spray bar but it helps only a little. Do you think the lily pipe can be a good decision or any other options you can suggest?

I know I can adjust the flow by closing the taps a little but id like to use the filtration on full power.

Thanks

Did you mean a holes on the other side of the spray bar? That's interesting.

Yes, more holes giving outflow in different directions, perhaps even some pointing back against the back aquarium glass.

I tried to find the web article where I remember reading this idea, but can't seem to locate it.  That said, I did find several articles stating that canister flow will reduce ~ 1 month after initial setup (not sure if this just applies to planted/fish tanks), so perhaps after time it will slow to levels you and the shrimp prefer.

Yes, more holes giving outflow in different directions, perhaps even some pointing back against the back aquarium glass.

I tried to find the web article where I remember reading this idea, but can't seem to locate it.  That said, I did find several articles stating that canister flow will reduce ~ 1 month after initial setup (not sure if this just applies to planted/fish tanks), so perhaps after time it will slow to levels you and the shrimp prefer.

Yes, good thinking, I think in one month time the flow should definitely reduce. I'm going to wait for few more weeks and see if it will be still strong then I'll drill few more holes.

If you try taking the end cap off of the spray bar, please update us on how much the flow restricts. I am curious as I might follow suit in one of my shrimp tanks.

Get an air diffuser for your outlet.  I'm using them on most of my tanks now, I first used Bubble Choice but now use NAG becasue they're more readily available.  I have an Eheim 2213 on a 15 gallon and an Eheim 2217 on an ADA 60-H (45) and an ADA 75-P.  Flow gets dispersed off a plate and air gets drawn in so no additional air pump is required to oxygenate the water.

Get an air diffuser for your outlet.  I'm using them on most of my tanks now, I first used Bubble Choice but now use NAG becasue they're more readily available.  I have an Eheim 2213 on a 15 gallon and an Eheim 2217 on an ADA 60-H (45) and an ADA 75-P.  Flow gets dispersed off a plate and air gets drawn in so no additional air pump is required to oxygenate the water.

Ron can you show us a picture? I am not following and maybe a link to the purchase? Thanks!

Never seen that before greenteam, that's pretty cool

Yeah I find it to be such an improvement to the original spray bar. 

A cool thing I noticed after playing with it is that the flow actually gets stronger when I crank up the bubbles. So I adjust it so have a nice flow of bubbles and creates a smooth flow giving that wave look on the moss lol.

The Micro bubbles are so tiny that I have it cross 2 layers of SS mesh dividers in my 30B.

Yeah I find it to be such an improvement to the original spray bar. 

A cool thing I noticed after playing with it is that the flow actually gets stronger when I crank up the bubbles. So I adjust it so have a nice flow of bubbles and creates a smooth flow giving that wave look on the moss lol.

The Micro bubbles are so tiny that I have it cross 2 layers of SS mesh dividers in my 30B.

Greenteam when you have time do you mind sharing a picture or two of your Bubble Choice setup?

Look at his post above. The vid shows it in action. Or do you mean how he put it together?

Yes, how he put it together with his 30g setup, as he has it separated to 3 10g aquariums.