TB From Mischling

mayphly

Tonight I was checking my Mischling tank which is full of babies and saw this tiny little blue guy swimming through the moss. I can't tell you how excited I was to see this. This is my first TB from my Mischling. Looks like BKK. I've had them for about 2 years and have been looking forward to this for a long time[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]17a860412ce57566dd469f8452a88704.jpg

Congratulations! The color will develop as it matures, we will see soon.

Is it mischling only tank?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Yes. It's a mischling only tank. I've never put anything else in this tank. I always hear about other peoples mischling tanks pumping out TB's like it's a common occurance. Well...it's been a long time coming for me. That's why I was so excited to see this.

The shrimp is blue at the moment. I'm sure it'll turn black once it gets older.

Anyone here have a "mischling only tank"  (no TB kept with them)  that produces TB frequently? If so, how often?

Puddles and Lukeo85

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know what generation your misch are? I got mine as f3 from yoyo. I haven't kept track but I'd have to say I'm around f7-f8

From puddles he told me they were F2. They were Mischling bred directly to TB. Since I can't speak to his program I couldn't tell you if the mischling he started with were several generations in.

Luke started with stock from Speedie.

He started with 10 mischling and 10 TB in the same tank. By the time he was selling to me he had over 100 TB in a 55g and the mischling were overflowing to the cull tank.

Really hard to say what generation these were by the time they got to me. I can tell you in my tank the babies are all new since I've been up and running only about six months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not say these sellers did this, but problem with some people selling mischlings. Is if a mischlings bred to mischlings the off spring that look like mischlings are 50% mischlings and 50% crs or CBS. So at this point you need to move all none TB off spring to another tank.

People don't do this so you get mischlings and CBS or crs. Not just 100% mischlings. I know of several people that have done this and I had to tell them what they are doing. Not at 3$ a piece still a great deal on shrimp even if they are just CBS or crs.

I've got 3 tb babies few weeks ego from one mischlimg. I've noticed some blue eggs on berried female before she gave birth and separated her in birding tank and on Tuesday last week I found 3 blue ish babies similar to your photo.

This is first time I've got tb babies from mischlimg. I heard that real mischlimgs are normally look like low grade crs cbs and my worst looking CBS appier to be real mischling. Sbarbee is right about buying mischlimg they normally mix f1 and CBS/crs, I know it from own experience, I've bought a lot mischlings from difrent breeders and only got first tb babies after about 6 months.

• 3 weeks later...