Rob's Budget 5gal CRS build

Faralon

Yeah, my females have solid legs. The males are all over the place as far as how red and solid they are. As long as you're happy with them, who cares haha.

I'll let you know when/if I come across more, or when my population grows a bit more. Get some more solid color into the bloodlines :)

That 90 you have will be full of shrimp before you know it

Hope the "PFR" color up for you. Unfortunately in our hobby true PFR are hard to come by, many mislabel, misrepresent, and just don't know the difference.

Green, totally agree. Dr0p, keep me in mind. DETA and crew, if you guys could PM me with some pics of what you guys feel PFR's are supposed to look like that would be cool, as I'd like to get these there if they're not already.

The big female to me, IS a PFR. You can't see thru her shell, no cracks in the red, her legs are fully colored, and as such, she looks painted, as the light doesn't shine thru her to enhance color. The males, from what I hear can run the gamut, but I'd like them to be as solid as possible, seems like it's hard to get their legs colored up??

Only editing I did on these pictures was cropping and the addition of the black edging.

7bc65698d73d752061cd39f113497f18.jpg

ce8d829adc21601784b5829b20f8cbfe.jpg

79f8332568a4c1cddf2b1a0e0af2e68e.jpg

And Jay, I'm totally cool with these guys, thanks for the recommendation.

Even the little dudes are colored up really nicely.

Some of them are choosing down on MK Breed Cheeseburger that I got from Han as a sample. They tore it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob, I agree the top picture is a PFR, your description is perfect, full red body coverage including legs, opaque, and there aren't any flaws in carapace, body, or legs. 

These pictures are of when I kept "Fire Red" Shrimp, some considered them PFR, but I decided to downgrade them to ensure customers, friends, forum members satisfaction.

post-127-0-96308900-1438178508_thumb.jpgpost-127-0-23524400-1438178512_thumb.jpgpost-127-0-75479400-1438178515_thumb.jpg

Males?

3b4f47a43692a1f5909796b27160958a.jpg

3b39d352d9115bdf938246dc099bb500.jpg

I have a hard time telling when their tail is bent down like in the 1st picture.

I think these are males, if so, I might cull out the other two that are the same size but much less colored.

I would definitely say the top is a female as Sarah stated the saddle is visible. The bottom I would suggest a female as well simply because the abdomen looks to be more rounded than straight back. If the picture was zoomed in a bit more it may make identifying a bit easier.

Look at this thread the shrimp on the far right is a male, give you an idea of the abdomen I am referring. 

http://www.shrimpspot.com/index.php?/topic/3846-yeah-new-shrimp/

"Dirty Girl" is letting loose shrimplets! Holy Macaroni they're tiny. I was looking at the shrimp when I saw this little bullet shoot out from behind the vertical driftwood...sure enough, Dirty Girl was back there. I've tried a few times to find it again but it's crazy how small they are.

20e0b76f63c9bd31b4f1c02c8e353c3f.jpg

525f5e0cc0ed2210f04a33a6915b5346.jpg

b9ee93e65af377df3ce8a0998da6b24b.jpg

I was able to track down 4 shrimplets this am. The rest of the berries that remain are blue (recently changed color from a more amber/honey color), which I've read should be TB shrimplets. I'll post up pics if I'm able to see a difference in the little guys one they hatch.

6 shrimplets that I was able to see at one time. They all look the same sofar. Shrimplet is just left of center in this pic, on the driftwood. They look like tiny bumblebees.

c5d06af2593aac1b1fe321e127e1b297.jpg

I have found two shrimplets that are much more blue than the others, I'm claiming these TB's!! The other shrimplets have a bit of a blue tone to their tail. These TB's are a deeper blue, and the coloration extends into the head.

ef832266f9b162b15feecdea9a6e960c.jpg

No Tigers, these shrimplets are from the berried Mischling that Shrimpscales provided. I also have a Ruby Red TB from the same RAOK, so I hope he finds one of the Mischling girls for a greater chance of TB shrimplet. A week or so before the berries hatched, about half of them turned blue. I've read the blue berries are usually TB's.

Then again, I'm totally the new guy, so I could be completely wrong.

So, I plugged the pre-filter with crud....and the shrimp seem to love it.

b78e5781b9e01afcd83445d75d9880e7.jpg

As you can see, the foam is being sucked inward as it has become full of solids. (Mostly crap from the seeded filter floss from the tanks startup). I need to clean it but....it's obvious effect, is reduced flow on the HOB, and the shrimp, especially the little dudes, seem to love the decreased flow. I might have to see what I can do to reduce flow a little bit after cleaning....as the HOB is rated up to 4x the tank volume, in sure I can throttle the flow back some w/o impact.

Anywho, I caught momma checking on the kids earlier today....they're just starting to add some color.

411ccd86da833fa4fd194fba478762d7.jpg