Red on PRL

Swivel its purely selective breeding. As Jay said, you need to find a male that carries the red pattern/intensity your looking for, and then breed that male with a female of quality in hopes the male will pass the gene needed for the red intensity. You will need to cull all that don't possess the red your interested in.

Does anyone have any advice on how to make the Red on the PRL shrimps brighter?

Hi swivel,

If your shrimp is not colouring up, it means they are not healthy or stressed. Try to make your shrimp healthy first before you jump to the conclusion that they are naturally bad colour and end up you cull too much away. Are your shrimp very active during the lights are on?

My guess is to buy shrimp daddy products lol. 

o.O?

LOL!!! This is the first time I see someone saying it so direct. I got a shock when I read it. Are you kidding because of your nickname? LOL!!!

Hi swivel,

If your shrimp is not colouring up, it means they are not healthy or stressed. Try to make your shrimp healthy first before you jump to the conclusion that they are naturally bad colour and end up you cull too much away. Are your shrimp very active during the lights are on?

The males are naturally active when my lights are on and the berried females just seems to be hiding.  When I first bought these shrimps they were very bright. (E2's) but as the shrimps matured the red became darker and not as red. I am sure it has something to do with my water quality.

I am currently using RO water and remineralizing it with MK Breed Blue diamond.  I dose MK Golden powder about once a week.

I have to second Jaykidding (for real) my prls look better then when I got them using Shrimpy Daddy products and they're breeding in a little over a month after having them. The white looks more solid too.

So if you can afford it I would give it a try for sure!

Swivel its purely selective breeding. As Jay said, you need to find a male that carries the red pattern/intensity your looking for, and then breed that male with a female of quality in hopes the male will pass the gene needed for the red intensity. You will need to cull all that don't possess the red your interested in.

Daryl is correct. genetics is huge with producing the best colors. yes foods and products will help bring out their best potential coloring but genetics will ensure you have the best potential coloring built in.

Higher Quality means E1's or Higher Quality MK Breed PRL. $$$ Any other suggestions Bostoneric?

You can get really nice E2s for pretty reasonable price. then do some serious culling.  foods and other products are great for showing their best potential but wont improve genetics.

LOL i was kinda kidding but somewhat serious since people do the before and afters with the products you have. Man i think i should change my name or something because people always think im not serious haha.

Higher Quality means E1's or Higher Quality MK Breed PRL. $$$ Any other suggestions Bostoneric?

Buy from local breeder. you pay less than half of the price for the same quality imported.

You are close to me.

I'm working on high end PRL right now, would be available in this fall.

Buy from local breeder. you pay less than half of the price for the same quality imported.

You are close to me.

I'm working on high end PRL right now, would be available in this fall.

I might have to get some for my 20 gallon and sell the lower grade ones lol