Extreme Low Light Plant

00camaro16

OK, wierd question that I think I know the answer to. Is there a plant that will grow or at least survive in a place that has extremely low light? Almost no light? Also it will be in a place that is barely accessable without disturbing the substrate alot. Should I even risk that?

Thank You,

Chris

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I second java fern . If that doesn't grow than nothing else will.  I do find that it grows best either attached to wood or attached to clay flowerpots or pieces .If is for substrate as Chris stated anubias .

When you say no light do you mean no added light or are you talking about a dark closet? 

Humm not sure a fern would fit. It probably only will be 2 inches high or so. I was thinking maybe java moss? Other mosses?

Like the cave area I'm planning in my tank journal. I plan on a small viewing Window on the side of the tank. Maybe 4" by 2" the cave itself is like 10" deep.

Humm not sure a fern would fit. It probably only will be 2 inches high or so. I was thinking maybe java moss? Other mosses?

If its that small probably some moss or anubia nana. They can stay pretty small. Probably some moss if there is a little bit of,light.

-Chris

echinodorous quadricostatus.....or riccia....hard to know ....without seeing it..but you've got options....good luck!

Sorry most people here have participated in my Journal so they know what I am talking about.

Entrance

post-152-140007354123_thumb.jpg

With flashlight shining in entrance.

post-152-140007360126_thumb.jpg

my bad.......cool to have a cave always wanted to make one....Do you want to cover the entrance completely or just a little? maybe some flame moss........anubia nana is another option....let us know....nice project...I've read your journal

my bad.......cool to have a cave always wanted to make one....Do you want to cover the entrance completely or just a little? maybe some flame moss........anubia nana is another option....let us know....nice project...I've read your journal

No works at all.

the entrance, I would like to hide so they feel safe, but they need to be able to pass easily. Currently I am thinking of weeping attached to the rock above to look like vines, but still unsure.

One thing I am worried about the cave is if something (plant or shrimp) dies in it. But I can always see how it goes at first.

I'm currently traveling for work, but when I get back t will start dry starting some fissidens .

Thank you,

Chris