Red Pinto selectively breeding

my pintos will be here saturday and i am wondering if i cross my red tibee's with them would there be a chance of getting red pintos? Im trying to figure out how i want to go about selectively breeding them because i only could buy 2. 

First before mixing, I would attempt to see what gender each pinto your receiving is. This way if you were to get a male and female you would have higher probability of more pintos.

If both male or female, then yes you could breed a red tibee and red pinto with a chance to get more pintos. If you receive two males, that would be best as their traits will pass to whatever female you breed them with. If I were in your shoes I would breed the pinto with taiwan bees if you have them, as Taiwan Bees in my opinion have a favorable opaque body and better coloration than Tibees. The pinto already will be carrying the required genes needed.

Hope this helps, again this is just my opinion.

I have been experimenting with my extra male pintos red and black. 

I found a specific one that has been producing wayyy more pintos from all the combinations I have tried, but keeping the info till I get a few more batches and can confirm my findings. 

In the mean time I would recommend breeding:

Black Pintos  x  BKK 

Red Pintos x WR

Green team have you tried shadow pandas with the black pinto? I kind of want a little blue coming from my pintos just like a mosura bkk

Yes I have and you will get Pintos with blue. 

Some people claim this to be "unwanted" feature but honestly there is no exact rules and it comes down to what you find a desirable trait.

Full white body pinto is considered the standard "higher" quality look.

I got black pintos. I have a red wine already and will have a ruby red and blue bolt coming with the black pintos.

From my experience I recommend Red Pinto x WR and not Ruby red. Keep in mind you will get some normal looking WR from this combo. You can remove them or keep either way is fine since new WR babies will now carry the Pinto Gene so almost like "Pinto Mischling" but looks like normal WR

The Ruby reds produced lower number of pinto patterns.

From my experience I recommend Red Pinto x WR and not Ruby red. Keep in mind you will get some normal looking WR from this combo. You can remove them or keep either way is fine since new WR babies will now carry the Pinto Gene so almost like "Pinto Mischling" but looks like normal WR

The Ruby reds produced lower number of pinto patterns.

Thank You for the much needed info :) I'm still learning how certain genetics work when it comes to shrimp lol. I cant get any Red pintos right now because they are a bit higher price than than black ones i got.

Ben in your case if you have no BKK and only limited amounts of Black Pintos then I recommend doing the

Black Pinto x BB  vs trying to do Black Pinto x WR/Ruby

This will produce some blue hints in the new Pintos born. I'm making an assumption here but if you bought from one of the reason imports then I bet they came from Taiwan (assumption not a fact).  If this is the case then I know for a fact they carry the BB gene in them already. 

So if say you had 10 Black Pintos and you never mixed anything with them you would still get a few (maybe 1 or 2) Blue Bolts born from them since they carry this gene. 

This is why I recommend doing Black Pinto x BB 

Ben in your case if you have no BKK and only limited amounts of Black Pintos then I recommend doing the

Black Pinto x BB  vs trying to do Black Pinto x WR/Ruby

This will produce some blue hints in the new Pintos born. I'm making an assumption here but if you bought from one of the reason imports then I bet they came from Taiwan (assumption not a fact).  If this is the case then I know for a fact they carry the BB gene in them already. 

So if say you had 10 Black Pintos and you never mixed anything with them you would still get a few (maybe 1 or 2) Blue Bolts born from them since they carry this gene. 

This is why I recommend doing Black Pinto x BB 

thank you green team. I will be seeing in another month what shrimp my 2-3 mishlings, 1 tibee, 1 CRS cull give me and maybe i will get a few TBs from them :) my pintos/BB/ruby red are coming from blue crown aquatics.