Odd looking shrimp shell

Amyers22

Never seen this condition before. I would wait until the shrimp molts to see if the shell improves over time. Otherwise you may want to cull to ensure these genetics do not get passed.

What is your gh? Shell may be too thin.

Well I did a tank reset with Shrimpy Daddy products and on the API test it showed a GH of 8. I was assured that was inaccurate. However over the last two weeks I've been very slowly lowering it. The last time I checked it was 7, but I did a small water change last night so I need to check today to see how much lower it is.

My tank has been through a roller coaster the past month and a half. I lost 30 adult PRL and TBs and about 90 babies. I'm slowly switching to Salty shrimp GH + in the hopes that the deaths will stop. In the meantime I am cycling two new tanks with ADA and using Salty Shrimp GH +. I haven't started the cycle because the filters don't come in the mail until the end of this week so I am still trying to decide if I want to use MK Blue diamond which I had a ton of successful breaking with, but lower nutrient levels or Salty shrimp GH+. I have ordered Mosura Old Sea Mud to dose once weekly to replenish the nutrients. I am at a loss for what the real problem with my water is. To have that many deaths in a month is catastrophic and I have never had something like that happen. I don't know what to do or what to change. I'm running and HOB fluval filter along with two sponge filters. I don't over feed. I have purigen in the filter. I'm really at a loss and want to throw in the towel. I lost more than half my shrimp population and it dwindles everyday. I don't know what else to do besides lower the GH and stop using certain products and start using a different mineralizer. :(

• 3 weeks later...