Dont buy a Sun Sun canister

Just finished cleaning up a huge mess.  I have had the filter hooked up a week and a day.  That is how long it took one of the Lid Clamps to break and cause a flood in my fish room.  

So annoyed but it is my own fault .  If the price is right the equipment probably isnt!

i am looking for one for a 20L CRS tank, any suggestions? i was going to get a sunsun until I read this post, but not sure which other one will work.

I have a Mr. Aqua 22 gallon.  I use Eheim 2213  and corner HMF on one end of the tank and on the other end an 8x4x4 tower filter.  Great filtration and all very quiet.

Is this it?    http://www.amazon.com/Eheim-Filter-2213-37-Classic/dp/B00SL4MHOO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1444041472&sr=8-2&keywords=eheim+2213

This says 75 to 80 gallons. the flow wont be to much in a 20 L for shrimp?

I use all Eheim 2213 Canister Filters for my 17.1g aquariums. Great product!

ack  how do you start it without a priming pump??????  already ordered one.  do I need to send it back?

One technique I've used is simply filling the canister with water beforehand. If that doesn't work, opening the valves, siphoning water through the tubes, closing the valves when filled with water, and then attaching it to the unit works as well. There are various techniques explained online. People have been using canister filters without priming pumps for ages!

Just finished cleaning up a huge mess. I have had the filter hooked up a week and a day. That is how long it took one of the Lid Clamps to break and cause a flood in my fish room.

So annoyed but it is my own fault . If the price is right the equipment probably isnt!

You may have just had a defective unit. You do have to close the 4 clamps in order. I've had a sunsun canister for almost a year now. I bought it off of Amazon Nov 17 2014, and it's working fine. The only complaint I have is that priming is such a pain... just as a comparison this works similar to a Penn-Plax Cascade 1000.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I use a choice bubbler - from Han or DiscoBee - if you attach it to the output line with the spout pointing up - you can divert the fast flowing of the water so the flow does not bother the shrimp