Anyone else?

Jynn

Does anyone else find that they can't bring themselves to cull their shrimp, and keep a separate tank full of ugly shrimp, or is there something wrong with me?

I just cant do it, its not their fault theyre ugly!

I guess they do look kind of similar (and I aparently hate red bolts) 

I just figured whoever I got my CRS from had tried crossing in some golden bees somewhere  to try and up the whiteness and thats where these little bastards were coming from.

Those pinkish mottled crapshrimp are ADORABLE!

I swear they are at least 60% faster than CRS, and possibly smarter than me...   catching them when they popped up was always a nightmare.

I guess they do look kind of similar (and I aparently hate red bolts) 

I just figured whoever I got my CRS from had tried crossing in some golden bees somewhere  to try and up the whiteness and thats where these little bastards were coming from.

If that is a red bolt, your CRS are not really CRS but mischlings. They have TB genes in them.

Like others have said, you can sell or trade them.

They go for around $20 each I think?

This is definitely a nice find on your part. Though you may find the Red Bolts less appealing, but it can certainly help financially or through a trade if you don't desire them.

Curious to see if they are a golden or snow white, or truly a red bolt.

I don't think red bolts are TB's. You never see them being produced from wine red colonies while blue bolts are produced from BKK colonies. It's probably just a marketing/naming strategy.

With that said, a lot of people like them and see the potential to improve their looks. I never cull any shrimps by killing them. Lower grades are sold as lower grades or are thrown into a mixed tank.

I don't think red bolts are TB's. You never see them being produced from wine red colonies while blue bolts are produced from BKK colonies. It's probably just a marketing/naming strategy.

Now that I think about it, you may be onto something.

My CRS has some sorta orange/pinkish coloring on them. From what I was told, it's due to bad genetics?