Axolotls

vsparkys

Check out

http://www.axolotl.org/requirements.htm

Found a Guy breeding them around here to they are around. Been thinking of getting a few. They need a tank alone. They are salamanders so,will eat anything they can catch. Pretty easy to care for from what people say. Harder to breed but possible.

-Chris

I got a 30cm by 30cm square 10 gallon for when its small. And can move it into a 60cm long by 30cm 15 gallon for when its a little bigger. Do you think I will need a bigger tank when its an adult? And how deep can I have the water? The 15 gallons maybe 50 to 60cm deep and its an Albion. They like cool water around 10c to 20c I heard or are you talking about ice cold weather.

Sent from my 7 Mozart using Tapatalk

I would plan for 20g when it is an adult, but a 10g will do for a while. They prefer less depth. Temperatures less than 70, so those temps. are fine. Remember, do not house axolotls on gravel. Only fine sand or bare bottom.

Check out the link ctaylor posted. You will find all the info you need on that site.

• 3 weeks later...