Only 1 remains :( Lots of shrimp deaths

nevesj98

No harm in trying tigers. You can start with OEBT and if things go well you work up to Royals.

Who knows if successful you can sell some shrimp down the road and get that RO unit.

Who knows? :D whats the diference between keeping OEBT and royals? Like do they require diferent parameters from eachother?

There is one thing I've found in this hobby that is consistent and that is the inconsistency.  Each keeper starts with the basics, loses shrimp, refines, and ends up finding what works for them.  I lost my first three batches of shrimp.  Now I have babies and more babies, but not before having lots more losses from a bacterial infection that came in with some resistant shrimp as well as some hydra that came in on some plants.  You will take advice from different places and respectfully decline other opinions.  Some advice you'll be glad you took and some might not work as well for you.  But each trial will teach you more, just don't get discouraged.

Personally, I'm a huge Tiger fan.  There are many options to choose from and I think there is a lot of room for "playing" with the breeding.  I think your ph may be a bit low for tigers, but I would try it.  You can always start with the least expensive you have in your area.  With regard to OEBTs versus Royals, you can think of it like Red Cherries versus Bloody Marys.  The Red Cherry has been inbred less so they tend to be hardier.  That being said, their water parameters would be the same.  Some people think the same of mixed breed dogs versus pure breds in that they all require the same things, but the mixed breed might be hardier.  I would suggest you start off with something inexpensive just to test them and only invest in a few.  Then if they do well you can get some more expensive (and potentially less hardy) ones.  But really, if you can manage it financially, give it a go.  You'll only know when you try.  Please do keep us posted though because your tanks will teach us all more as well.

There is one thing I've found in this hobby that is consistent and that is the inconsistency. Each keeper starts with the basics, loses shrimp, refines, and ends up finding what works for them. I lost my first three batches of shrimp. Now I have babies and more babies, but not before having lots more losses from a bacterial infection that came in with some resistant shrimp as well as some hydra that came in on some plants. You will take advice from different places and respectfully decline other opinions. Some advice you'll be glad you took and some might not work as well for you. But each trial will teach you more, just don't get discouraged.

Personally, I'm a huge Tiger fan. There are many options to choose from and I think there is a lot of room for "playing" with the breeding. I think your ph may be a bit low for tigers, but I would try it. You can always start with the least expensive you have in your area. With regard to OEBTs versus Royals, you can think of it like Red Cherries versus Bloody Marys. The Red Cherry has been inbred less so they tend to be hardier. That being said, their water parameters would be the same. Some people think the same of mixed breed dogs versus pure breds in that they all require the same things, but the mixed breed might be hardier. I would suggest you start off with something inexpensive just to test them and only invest in a few. Then if they do well you can get some more expensive (and potentially less hardy) ones. But really, if you can manage it financially, give it a go. You'll only know when you try. Please do keep us posted though because your tanks will teach us all more as well.

Thanks for the support and advice, i will try normal blue tigers and post the results, maybe i make a post on the journal section :D