24 hour lightning?

Hello! Brand new shrimp keeper after I got some ghosts to care for my marimo farm, and now I'm hooked!

I have a 3 gallon with a few plants and moss, and about 10 ghosts. I'm hooking up a 10W grow light LED that I plant to keep on for 6-8hours a day, and I have an underwater strip of just blue LEDs, like the "moonlight" from stores except it's a rubbery strip that gets partially buried in the gravel. I'm hoping to run the blue lights The other 16 hours of the day, since I'm heard this will improve the breeding.

It it alright to have constant light on the shrimp or should I just stick with my grow light? I plant on switching from ghosts to RCS once the ones I have are adults.

Thank you!

I also have not heard of moonlights, or lights that are on 24 hours a day improving breeding conditions. I would leave the strip out completely unless its a must in your opinion. If its a must just run the moonlights a couple hours before and after the primary lights turn on/off. I feel shrimp enjoy a little siesta or a break from the lights time to time, leaving lights on 24 hours a day would certainly stress them more than help in my opinion.

I have the current light with gradual daylight/night moonlight and had lights on the mischling ank 24/7.  moonlight at night.  they had no problems breeding.  The moonlight didnt slow them down.  I wouldnt say it helped but it didnt hurt.

I have two of the Finnex 24/7 lights on some tanks of mine.  One is a 48" on a 33 Long, and the other is a 30" on a 20 long.  On both of those tanks, I've had to deal with algae issues.  My feeling is that those tanks are just too shallow (depth wise) to handle that much light 24x7, even though the light rotates through on the cycle.  I really do like the lights a lot, but I'm either going to have to suspend them higher off the tank, or move them to deeper tanks.  I knew it would be questionable whether or not that would be too much light - I figured it was worth a shot.