Can royal blues breed true?

nevesj98

Well, the title says it all. I've been researching about my favourite shrimps,royal blue tigers, and i wanted to know if they can breed true even if after a big amount of generations.

Have a wonderfull day shrimpkeepers :D

Mine don't breed 100% true, no. And this is after a couple of years of culling the ugly ones.

It is about as easy a culling job as you can get, since I only get about 2-5 ugly ones out of 100 nice ones. It definitely depends on the individual shrimp, however, since I won't see any for a long time, and then I will see 5 of them all at once. There must be certain females that produce more culls than others. Because of this unknown, I don't sell any of them until they have fully colored up.

Ok got you sorry, too much semantics in this new found hobby where each critter seems to have several names and depending on the origin. As 'Tigers' was not mentioned in your thread tittle, I thought perhaps you were referring to dream blues or blue diamonds or perhaps royal blue neos as in the link below, lol

Lets face it 'dream blues neos' are perhaps just as royal blue if not more so than the tigers which are more commonly called OEBT, unless you get royal blues that are not orange eyed, so all very confusing or am I having a blue dream  :)

https://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEIQFjAJahUKEwiA-4Du4obJAhUBVRQKHV9_DnQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fshrimpbreedingandtips.activeboard.com%2Ft59664198%2Froyal-blue-neo%2F&usg=AFQjCNGrjdo-HHEVvCFnB9ANKTWs9NGA4g

To answer your question it all depends on the stock of course, but from my limited experience with breeding them the passed five months or so from German stock... I have about 95+% OEBT and the other 5% look more like ordinary tigers.. 

Ok got you sorry, too much semantics in this new found hobby where each critter seems to have several names and depending on the origin. As 'Tigers' was not mentioned in your thread tittle, I thought perhaps you were referring to dream blues or blue diamonds or perhaps royal blue neos as in the link below, lol

Lets face it 'dream blues neos' are perhaps just as royal blue if not more so than the tigers which are more commonly called OEBT, unless you get royal blues that are not orange eyed, so all very confusing or am I having a blue dream  :)

https://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEIQFjAJahUKEwiA-4Du4obJAhUBVRQKHV9_DnQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fshrimpbreedingandtips.activeboard.com%2Ft59664198%2Froyal-blue-neo%2F&usg=AFQjCNGrjdo-HHEVvCFnB9ANKTWs9NGA4g

To answer your question it all depends on the stock of course, but from my limited experience with breeding them the passed five months or so from German stock... I have about 95+% OEBT and the other 5% look more like ordinary tigers.. 

Royal Blue Tigers are originally a product of crossing OEBT and Black Tigers, and, as you can see from Bryce's pictures, they look pretty different from OEBT. They look a lot more like Black Tigers in my experience.

Cool those RBT's look really impressive with their solid beautiful blue colour. I have not been lucky enough to see black tigers yet, but I now have a couple of black neos coming through originating from dream blues, not sure how normal that is, but I will see if I can strengthen the black strain here.. 

Actually come to think of it, there is not much normality in this hobby !