Natural way and cheap way to lower pH

OMG Aquatics

I don't boil mine, but I know they are good. I do let them sit overnight in

some RO water, then I put them in the tank. You can boil them first for

three minutes in boiled water, let them cool, and put them in, but I was

told, that would take away some of the reason for using them.

So, hopefully, a seasoned shrimp vet will give us their opinion on them.

I use the miniature alder cones that are all natural, and no sprays or

pesticides used.

The cheapest way to do it right and keep it stable. Is to use RO remuneration and soil. IAL and Alder help but will take a lot of work to bring it down. Some also use peat to make the ph come Down. Really depends on what your trying to do and how low you need.

-Chris

The cheapest way to do it right and keep it stable. Is to use RO remineralize and buffering shrimp soil. IAL and Alder help but will take a lot of work to bring it down. Some also use peat to make the ph come Down. Really depends on what your trying to do and how low you need. Easiest way that works for me us ADA soil. You buy it once and it'll last for awhile. Sure it's expensive but so is everything that your going to do to bring the PH Down naturally. Just my opinion others may have some more insight, works for me. Trust me 've tried the way your talking it didn't do what I needed it to do.

-Chris

-Chris

About all this RO water stuff, can I only use the RO system when I want to use it or what because it waste a lot of water from my research. Is it possible to like use RO machine for like a 10 gallon tank so it only cleans out the stuff from water inside a 10 gallon tank?

People  use the waste water for various things.  Watering plants is one of the most popular.  I just have my line down the drain.

Not possible to hook it up to your tank, but it's kinda what a canister on a tank does.

Is there a way to turn on and off the thing or I gotta remove the whole thing when I don't want to use it?

You can get ball valves for the RO tubing as well so you can just turn the valve off when you don't want it making water.