My first tank

nevesj98

Wellp...only 4 shrimps remain, including the older one from germany who is a huge male :D

Probably gonna buy a 30L tank, make the most optimal set up i can and move the shrimps once its cycled, and you can be damn sure its gonna be remineralized distilled water :P meanwhile im gonna keep you updated since 2 of them seem to be a couple and if they breed im gonna post some pics :) meanwhile this tank...when i get the new one im probably gonna sell it.

Something is not right :/ alright I speak the truth lol. I honestly think you should try neos, yeah I know they don't excite you but some really do have nice colors depending on how you raise them. Such as painted fire reds, blue dreams, or you can even try tigers as they are good for people going into taiwan bees such as orange eye blue tiger or even royal blue tigers. It's my opinion and I want to help you, it's important right now to think whether the shrimps lives and your money are important right now, or how much a shrimp excites you and they just die. Just try some species that you can easily raise and start a colony as you are a beginner in the hobby. Then once you have that RO unit boom you can just go right into the caridinia again.

I agree with jaykidding. I just started this hobby and I started out with blue dreams and haven't lost one yet. They are thriving and I'm learning more and more about this hobby with this forum. I'm honestly kinda sad that that many shrimp died because you wanted to try it out to see if it works. One thing I learned in the aquarium hobby is you need to have patience and trust me it's definitely hard for me. Good luck and look forward to seeing updates on your journal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I got into TBs after 6 months into neos and it was really hard not getting TBs sooner, but it was worth it getting experience and information from members here. Yes yellows and blue dreams are awesome to keep they are 2 beautiful colors especially neon yellows.

WELL for what it seems, when i counted the shrimps 2 were hidden so i actually had and still have 6 x)

Got a stable gh at 4/5 and no one has died since the last post ehehe

If i wanted to add a snail or two, which do you guys recomend?

Have a great day everybody :D

Ramhorns are simple and don't get out of control. In the case you get a larger colony of snails then you want then their size makes it easy to remove.

I don't want to hijack this thread but I'm wondering if you know if Mystery Snails are shrimp safe. I have them in with fish but not yet the shrimps.

yepper. Mysteries are shrimp safe.

The only thing to look out for is when they die, there's ammonia produced pretty fast.

Thank you. We just received 15 beautiful young ones. They are all in Gillz fish aquarium now (except one betta buddy for my office) but we'd like to put them with the shrimp too.

Well i couldn't update earlier due to a psycology work in school but i got really good news: 

-No more deaths, still 8 shrimps;

-The red wine is actually still alive :D it was one of the CRS TB mischlings that died and i tought it was him;

-And i have a saddled female !!

12336328_968611673211489_978002611_n.jpg

Here is a pick from her, sorry for the really bad quality but thats all my phone allows me to :P

Have a nice day everyone!!