Lowering pH

OMG Aquatics

I prefer to use natural products to lower pH...catappa leaves/extract, alder cones. they are effective and some of the chemical stuff just makes me nervous

It's the super resin that lowers pH I think. This is the only product I found with professional working super resin.

I don't see how that would lower your pH, it looks like it is just a super carbon or something.

Using Peat Pellets in a filter bag will lower the PH quite bit. It doesn't take too much for

the peat pellets to do the job. I had to take out half of the peat pellets because it was

lowering the PH fast. Now I use those Kcups that people use for coffee. I use those

stainless steel mesh ones, and peat pellets in the cup and let them float in the tank.

They do a great job of keeping the ph down to 6.2 to 6.4.  - Plus the shrimp seem

to like to float around the tank on them and ride them.

That's really neat, Doc.  Is that with or without buffering substrate?  How long does that last in the k-cup before needing a change?  DO you have to replace a majority of water when you change then if adding a new k-cup since the saturation would be greater? (Old + new)

Well this is handy, I was just talking to a guy about the use of barely pellets that contain peat on TPT with regards to algae control and pH ajustment.

Have a gniess day. -Scott