I may or may not have impusle bought 6 fish

aquariumlover10

Hey guys, not the best way to get back into the forum.

But my new house apparently had black mold in the garage and it got into my computer and my desk so I was busy cleaning and fixing that.

But anyway I got a $50 gift card to PETsMART and I went there to get a new filter because mine is really loud, and of course my dad and sister came so they told me to buy some fish. So I came out with 1 filter pad, some tissue culture plants and 2 decent looking Bolivian rams and 4 long fin red minor tetras.

They are all healthy and look pretty good.

My only question is how long will they be ok in my 10gallon tank?

I have a huge filter and a decent amount of plants. They are all 1-1.5"

Hey guys, not the best way to get back into the forum.

But my new house apparently had black mold in the garage and it got into my computer and my desk so I was busy cleaning and fixing that.

But anyway I got a $50 gift card to PETsMART and I went there to get a new filter because mine is really loud, and of course my dad and sister came so they told me to buy some fish. So I came out with 1 filter pad, some tissue culture plants and 2 decent looking Bolivian rams and 4 long fin red minor tetras.

They are all healthy and look pretty good.

My only question is how long will they be ok in my 10gallon tank?

I have a huge filter and a decent amount of plants. They are all 1-1.5"

As long as you want. You just need to stay on top of maintenance with smaller tanks.

ok, I have some flat rocks and fine sand bed so if I have a pair they will probably spawn, I they get too aggressive I have a 2.5g tank that I can setup for fry with a sponge filter I have running in the tank.

Your best bet is to artificially hatch the eggs and raise the fry yourself. Most rams are horrible parents.

ok, so I could artificially hatch them and then put them back with the parents?

No, once you do this you will have them in a different tank and raise them yourself. You can google this and find many ways. Its not hard just a little time consuming. I have two pairs of German blues that spawn all time but I dont remove the eggs because I have raised thousands of fry over the years, dont want to do it anymore. I have some bloodfin tetras in the same tank and was watching a few spawn in the roots of the frogbit last night.

Hatching and raising the fry is the same as angel fish  https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0LEV1gChY5WwKEAZ9lXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMDgyYjJiBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=How+To+Artificially+Hatch+and+Raise+Angelfish&fr=yfp-t-901

No, once you do this you will have them in a different tank and raise them yourself. You can google this and find many ways. Its not hard just a little time consuming. I have two pairs of German blues that spawn all time but I dont remove the eggs because I have raised thousands of fry over the years, dont want to do it anymore. I have some bloodfin tetras in the same tank and was watching a few spawn in the roots of the frogbit last night.

Hatching and raising the fry is the same as angel fish  https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0LEV1gChY5WwKEAZ9lXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMDgyYjJiBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=How+To+Artificially+Hatch+and+Raise+Angelfish&fr=yfp-t-901

I remember when Rams appeared in the marker in the 70s .  They were the wild color ,Insane prices and no one knew how to keep them.  I think it was actually Jack Wattley who introduced them .

They sure have come a long way as far as colors .

I remember when Rams appeared in the marker in the 70s .  They were the wild color ,Insane prices and no one knew how to keep them.  I think it was actually Jack Wattley who introduced them .

They sure have come a long way as far as colors .

I have a poison dart frog book he signed for me.  I did some business with one of his partners in the Keys.

I have a poison dart frog book book he signed for me.  I did some business with one of his partners in the Keys.

I think he is now living in the Keys . I am one of the few in Miami into fish since the old days who never got to meet him .

I know a guy who collected a few times with Wattley when he was collecting and even till his 70s Wattley he was deep waist in mud in swamps . My friend called it quits in his mid 30s , lol  .

Collecting and just being in fish areas was his true love the business part of it wasn't .

He began captive breeding for diff colors and higher survival rate . Keep in mind the survival rate from Amazon, etc to local pet store until 80s was deplorable .

He has a place out of little Haiti in Miami which sells discus and think angels  . I don't know if he still has anything to do with it but its still there .

I didn't know that he was also into dart frogs .

I think he is now living in the Keys . I am one of the few in Miami into fish since the old days who never got to meet him .

I know a guy who collected a few times with Wattley when he was collecting and even till his 70s Wattley he was deep waist in mud in swamps . My friend called it quits in his mid 30s , lol  .

Collecting and just being in fish areas was his true love the business part of it wasn't .

He began captive breeding for diff colors and higher survival rate . Keep in mind the survival rate from Amazon, etc to local pet store until 80s was deplorable .

He has a place out of little Haiti in Miami which sells discus and think angels  . I don't know if he still has anything to do with it but its still there .

I didn't know that he was also into dart frogs .

Big time into dart frogs.