Greetings.

Crackhead Johny

I figured after getting interested in shrimp a few months ago (triggered by new interest aquascaping bumping into shrimp hobby) that rather than just read similar questions to the ones I wanted to ask on the internet, I should set up an account somewhere so I can actually ask exact questions.

I got out of aquariums before I went to college now it looks like I'm getting back in (was african cichlids, now it will be shrimp/nano).

I live in MN. Currently I'm going to be stocking a 55. and probably a 15. I also have a 10 fully set up but bettas are currently using it for breeding so it will not be shrimp safe. Hopefully my interest/enthusiasm for this dies down as currently I'm wondering if I can keep shrimp in a kiddy pool in the back yard in the summer... and then I see people who have filled all the walls in their basement with shrimp tanks and worry.

Oh yeah and since I have to remodel my bar I'm considering doing a 1 foot deep custom acrylic top that will be plumbed underneath and then partitioned 5 or 6 times and would be filled with shrimp. How much heat gun time and profanity it will take I do not know. I figure guests will like looking through a clear acrylic top at the colorful moving things.

Next purchase will be RO to fix water.

I figured after getting interested in shrimp a few months ago (triggered by new interest aquascaping bumping into shrimp hobby) that rather than just read similar questions to the ones I wanted to ask on the internet, I should set up an account somewhere so I can actually ask exact questions.

I got out of aquariums before I went to college now it looks like I'm getting back in (was african cichlids, now it will be shrimp/nano).

I live in MN. Currently I'm going to be stocking a 55. and probably a 15. I also have a 10 fully set up but bettas are currently using it for breeding so it will not be shrimp safe. Hopefully my interest/enthusiasm for this dies down as currently I'm wondering if I can keep shrimp in a kiddy pool in the back yard in the summer... and then I see people who have filled all the walls in their basement with shrimp tanks and worry.

Oh yeah and since I have to remodel my bar I'm considering doing a 1 foot deep custom acrylic top that will be plumbed underneath and then partitioned 5 or 6 times and would be filled with shrimp. How much heat gun time and profanity it will take I do not know. I figure guests will like looking through a clear acrylic top at the colorful moving things.

Next purchase will be RO to fix water.

Great name. I also live in MN. As for the kiddy pool. Depending on what part of the state you live in,even in central MN it can get 100 degrees with heat index of 106 and that is way to hot, plus you know it doesn't cool down a whole lot at night during the summer especially when it gets humid. MN temps can very so much in the summer that such an irregular temp environment will cause problems. It would be rough on neo's and is a definite no no for caridina