Keeping track of plants in tank.

Aennedry

How is everyone keeping track of what plant is what in their tanks for those not very experienced but collecting. Like which crypt is which or which buce is which. Photos? Tank diagrams? Individually numbering each rock you tie buce or moss to? After a few months of growing I find it difficult to tell some plants apart.

=^._.^=

I take a picture of them with their name in the picture. Of course I have a bunch that came without names so there I'm just ignorant. Of course I have the technical names like "the tall fluffy one" or "that pretty red one." I think they'll sell well on aquabid! ;)

I use a label maker for most of my moss. I try and place the label somewhere inconspicuous. I also write the name down in a journal I keep for each tank.

and this is why you are great at what you do

lol!!! I got the idea from someone else after the same question was asked a while ago. The power of the net! :geek:

I use a paint pen from the crafts store.  I write the name of the moss or plant on the front glass of the tank (or at the bottom of the tank).  This is the same pen they use as the fish store - a friend of mine who owns a store uses that instead of a waxed pencil marker.  You use a razor to scrape it off.  Works really well.