ElevateShrimp 3D printed shrimp acessories and moss ledges

ElevateShrimp

Hey everyone!   I've been a bit inactive on this forum, but I'm back to show you guys what I've been up to.  

IMG_1565.jpg

I design and make the products at www.elevateshrimp.com and I have a bunch of products that I use almost every day to make my shrimp keeping easier. 

I have everything from clip-on moss ledges to powder food feeders, all 3D printed with aquarium safe plastics.  I also do custom designs, my favorite being a Dallas Cowboys moss wall. 

I also have a unique hair algae killer solution that you have never seen before and is completely shrimp and plant safe.

beforeqafteragle.jpg

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions. 

As a little exclusive offer to you guys you can use the word SHRIMPSPOT to get 15% off your total purchases, valid until the end of the month.
https://www.elevateshrimp.com

Whats in the hair algae killer? Does affect water quality? Does it change water parameters? Does it affect other plants and moss?

the hair algae killer is a proprietary chemical mix, it does not directly change water parameters, however it will start to add nitrates when your algae starts to die and rot.  It has been tested in both low tech shrimp setups and high tech fish setups with no problems to the livestock nor plants and mosses (with the exception to marimo moss balls).

the hair algae killer is a proprietary chemical mix, it does not directly change water parameters, however it will start to add nitrates when your algae starts to die and rot.  It has been tested in both low tech shrimp setups and high tech fish setups with no problems to the livestock nor plants and mosses (with the exception to marimo moss balls).

Im going to try it out. I placed an order. I hope it doesn't freeze solid -23 and getting colder.

I appreciate the tip but its not shrimp so no big deal . My sense of humor did not translate very well.

It's a valid point, the bottle might leak a little bit like putting a water bottle in the freezer.  I'll split it up and ship it to you in the standard container and a smaller container to account for expansion

I ordered the algae killer. Let's see how it goes :) Does the bottle have a list of ingredients?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

secret sauce ;)   It is not anything fertilizer related nor anything you get can get commercially 

Does the solution get effected if it gets frozen?

No it shouldn't,  the chemical is an aqueous chemical mix that is slightly colloid.  The freezing point depression of the chemical is definitely not enough to keep it liquid form in -23F haha but transitioning from liquid to solid should only lock the chemical within the water crystals instead of tear it apart.

It's a valid point, the bottle might leak a little bit like putting a water bottle in the freezer.  I'll split it up and ship it to you in the standard container and a smaller container to account for expansion

just make sure the lids on tight and put it in a bag tie a knot, no use cutting profits.

Polylactic acid (PLA) made from corn starch.

How has it been holding up for you?

I have a 3d printer and wanted to print out some little hidey holes and such but was finding very mixed results when I searched whether or not it was safe.

The general belief I came across was that PLA would break down, but most of this was from marine aquarium forums.