Help! How do I lower GH and KH?

Double check your mix before doing a wc. I found my mixture to be off and my tds and gh were creeping up. Other than that do you have anything in the tank that would be pushing those up? I believe some stones can drive it up.

Lowering your pH using acid (I use SeaChem Acid Buffer) will also convert alkalinity into carbon dioxide, lowering your KH. As far as GH, your best bet is just water changes as mentioned. With that being said, whenever I have a water Chem crisis, I like to take a few deep breaths... And then one more deep breath to start my siphon, lol. So do a few 15-25% water changes over the next week, checking hardness each time. Soon your tank should be back to normal!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SS gh kh is one scoop with the scoop that comes with it per 5 gallons.  Should give you around 200 tds. Keep in mind a tds meter will show just that.  Total solids,  so make sure some of your tds is not nitrates.  Seachem purigen will help control those.

Lowering your pH using acid (I use SeaChem Acid Buffer) will also convert alkalinity into carbon dioxide, lowering your KH. As far as GH, your best bet is just water changes as mentioned. With that being said, whenever I have a water Chem crisis, I like to take a few deep breaths... And then one more deep breath to start my siphon, lol. So do a few 15-25% water changes over the next week, checking hardness each time. Soon your tank should be back to normal!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be careful using seachem buffers, most use phosphates. I learned the hard way that hair algae loves phosphates.

Be careful using seachem buffers, most use phosphates. I learned the hard way that hair algae loves phosphates.

The SeaChem Regulator series have phosphates, so do be careful. Read the bottles, they always tell you if it's shrimp, plant, and reef safe. Also, I use Acid Buffer, Alkaline Buffer, and Equilibrium by SC. They're my go pH±/KH±/GH± additives. Highly recommend and much cheaper than most products.