Carbon Rili with blue eggs!?

I don't know if I put this in the right category but I was trimming the Java moss in my Carbon tank and one of my berried Carbons have fully blue eggs. Normal or...?

its all normal. doesn't mean anything really. just like cherry shrimps. some times the eggs are green or brown or dark dark almost greyish. but it doesn't mean that the babies will be higher quality or lower. its just how it is. unless someone here can tell me other wise. but its normal.

This is my assumption but many people desire the blue carbon rilis more so than the traditional black/clear. When I was keeping and breeding Carbon Rilis I focused on the traditional, but the eggs were never blue, I would guess your clutch will probably be close to 100% blue carbon rilis, which is fantastic.

Fantastic meaning the fad right now. ;)

I went in search of clear carbons several years ago when they first came out.  When I bought them I was assured they would only throw clear.  F1, sure enough, I had some blues.

I have never ever EVER found any clear carbons to throw only clear. :notfair:   If anyone knows of a true clear carbon strain that doesn't throw blues, feel free to let me know.

I wish I still had a majority of mine, probably 99% of the time they were black/clear. I just watched a few of my Carbon Rili videos to reassure myself.

I am sorry I sold several hundreds to one person when I was liquidating my Neocaridina.

• 2 weeks later...